Hello from Ireland

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by caledonianblues »

Hello and welcome to the game and forum. I can't really add much to the advice you've already been given. I went with the Trailrunner bundle when I first started, as it was a great way to get a few weapons and some equipment so I could make a start. Eventually you'll figure out your preferred hunting method and your favourite species, and can build up your inventory from there.

Good luck and happy hunting ;)
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Hi and welcome, as a relatively new player (and also a COTW convert) I can't recommend this game enough, what it lacks in looks is more than made up for in alot of other ways. Also someone mentioned the trailrunner pack, I'd recommend that one aswell, I think I paid £23 or there abouts and I do not regret it one single bit. It gives enough to get started and then some.

Enjoy buddy
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

Thanks alot guys, just the answers I needed. Yea I sorted my graphics out and very happy.

Got my first buck in classic last night and boy the buzz was totally different than cotw. The feel of the gun and the sound of it, the way the animal dropped aswell was something else. Very excited.

Is there a guide on animal scores, for example, what a top score etc for a certain deer is etc something I can print out until I become more knowledgeable.

Thanks again for your welcome, tips and advice. I look forward to being an active member of the forum, you are all great and this was very appreciated.

Jody
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Three places where you can obtain that information:

1) Check the official leaderboards and you'll see the top 100 scores for each species of the season. The current season (23) has already been running for some months, so if you make it onto one of the leaderboards now, you have found a real trophy: https://www.thehunter.com/#leaderboards

2) There's a top scores history page on the wiki: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Scoring (Scroll down and you'll find the table)

3) Use the UHC trophy animal checker: http://uhcapps.co.uk/trophycheck/index.php (I don't know if you need to be registered with UHC to use this feature, but you can join for free using the link in my signature. It's a great site with a lot of good stuff)

Of course nothing can beat experience, so don't hesitate to ask in here. Reindeer go up to 720, but anything over 600 is a real trophy already. For black bears, on the other hand, a 23.5+ is a trophy, but anything 22-23, though seemingly close to the top, isn't really something to be excited about. You'll learn it with time. But in the end, what matters most is the good feeling when you see, shoot and harvest an animal, take a picture and put it in your lodge. It's more important than numbers. :)
Image Image Image
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

Thanks guys. Iv went for the trail runner pack and bought some more callers and weapons. Having a blast!!
stalker270

Post by stalker270 »

Hi and Welcome! You are starting the same as I did with a short trial . I then bought the Trailrunner package and have been happy with it so far. You can learn a lot through the Wiki, the forums and you tube vids. As others have said, there are several maps and species so try not to overwhelm yourself or burn out trying too much at once. With the Trailrunner package you get enough to hunt every species so you don't need to spend a bunch in the store to get started. Build up your tracking and spotting skills by checking every track and spotting every animal you see. You might want to try the missions to earn Gm's and the competitions for trophies and possibly Em's. Both can be fun while offering you a specific goal. Again, welcome and have fun
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Welcome!

Return to “New Player Introductions”