Hello from Slovakia

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Hello from Slovakia

Post by FrozenHorse »

Hi,

I'm from Slovakia and some time ago I have moved back to the place of my birth - beautfiul nautre of Turiec region. I'm a software engineer in his 30s and was raised near the forest, as my grandafther was respected forester. I was often visitng wild nature and hunts with him, even if not hunter myself. After spending decade in our capital, I can now finally spend much more time in the mountains and temperate forests around. I have instantly re-started my passions from youth: wild nature observations(I'm a bird-watcher), bushcrafting(spending some nights out there) and instinctive archery. My passion in archery - I'm now training as amateur for 3d archery tournaments - brought me also to theHunter, as I was looking for a solid game simulating archery in the woods, to play when the sun goes down in the real world. Until I played this game, I thought no better "real" hunting game than Deer Hunter 2005 was ever created. Oh boy, I was wrong! This got me hooked instantly and soon after my first bows I also bought the first rifle...still just newbie to the game, though.

I'm an active PC gamer, but have never joined any game forum before. While reading some tips on the forum I also came across mutliple interesting topics (like "Great Debate: Realism vs. fun") and I have learnt community for this game is pretty mature. So here I am, joining the game forum for a first time in my life, looking forward to get to know theHunter community better.

Happy hunting!

Martin
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Hello from Slovakia

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hello and welcome, Martin! :) Enjoy the game, enjoy the forums and don't be shy to ask questions if you have any.

By the way: I've once been hiking in the High Tatras and also spend a few days in Bratislava, it's a great country with great people of course. :)
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome Martin to the Community :)

If you enjoy instinctive archery you will like the Instinctive Archer recurve bow that was built into the game based on a community member's real bow.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70389
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Hi and welcome :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hello and welcome to the forum Martin ;)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Welcome to the group!

FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

Thank you all for warming welcome!

Recurve bow mentioned by HooCairs is really cool. InstinctiveArcher is really skillful making it - I know what it takes to make it right as I was also into the bow making a little, but nowhere as good :).

Btw. Once I tried to make basic replica of medieval hunting crossbow and it was kind of cool to shoot with it - but it broke after a while, because of not so good materials and big forces present at the shot. It would be also definitely fun to have some historical crossbow like this in the game, as per my info hunting crossbows where one of the most used hunting weapons in the Europe for centuries.
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Welcome Martin .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stalker270

Post by stalker270 »

Hello and Welcome! Have Fun!
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Howdy Martin, Welcome to the community! Good luck and happy hunting!
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “New Player Introductions”