New

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Stopnaggin

New

Post by Stopnaggin »

Trying out this version to see if its better than COTW. Looking forward to playing here.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: New

Post by caledonianblues »

Hello and welcome. Classic is very different. It has evolved over the last decade to become a feature and content rich title. It's based on much older tech which means there are limitations from a development point of view. Some of those limitations have been overcome, many which none of us ever thought possible. So, kudos to the developers for thinking outside the box and daring to invest time and money in an old legacy engine.

Classic is not without its issues but, at least in my opinion, those are far outweighed by the immersion, depth, attention to detail and continuity that can be found when you get your teeth into the game. It might not look as pretty or be as well optimised as Call of the Wild but I would say that in a head to head battle, Classic would be holding the belt by the end of the first round.

Let us hear your thoughts when you've had a chance to compare the two. Classic has a fantastic community and this forum is a great place to meet new hunting buddies and share advice and stories. There's also a wiki for Classic which you should check out.

www.thehunterwiki.com

Happy hunting.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Stopnaggin wrote:Trying out this version to see if its better than COTW. Looking forward to playing here.
Welcome to the group! I am also a CoTW convert. I stumbled on CoTW on steam, tried it & was hooked. Then I learned of Classic when watching YT vids looking for some pointers. I had no idea Classic existed prior to that.

10 months later & while I still do enjoy CoTW (been playing it allot lately with the Africa DLC) Classic gets most of my time. Sure CoTW is arguably prettier but in the end you will be captivated by the depth of Classic.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the community :)

I have 450 hours in CotW mostly spent in Layton Lake and Hirschfelden. Medved Taiga was ok but had too many achievement bugs and was lacking a bit the usual hunting trophies. Vurhonga I haven't even bought, no interesting animals all together. I have no intension to play CotW any time soon, certainly not big scale. Classic has immense content and a slicker gameplay in my opinion. Also the online functions like your own site with achievements, trophies, etc. as well as the competitions and missions just add a lot to the game.

All this outweighs the outdated engine. Games still looks great to me. Cutting edge graphics are nice but not everything. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

hi and welcome. great forum name :D
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Howdy, Welcome to the game and to the community! Good luck and happy hunting!
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard Stopnaggin :)
Pixiegrl

Post by Pixiegrl »

Hello and Welcome :)!!
Stopnaggin

Post by Stopnaggin »

I already like how the animals seem unique compared to COTW, the variation in racks is a nice feature. Little hard to get a grip on the controls after playin COTW but I'm learning. I also like the variation in the scenery. Look forward to playing more, it truly feels like a better game.
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Welcome buddy, I am also a COTW convert!

Return to “New Player Introductions”