Howdy from Missouri!!!

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Howdy from Missouri!!!

Post by Shaggymobilly »

Hey everybody! Just a quick intro from the "Show Me" state. Just getting started with theHunter Classic. Have quite a bit of time in the CoTW, however this sure is different. Still trying to figure out what I need and what I can put off and really even what I'm most excited about hunting in the Classic version. Seems like an awful lot starting about 10 years behind. :D
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Howdy from Missouri!!!

Post by Seifer »

Howdy from Texas ;) Read the wiki (http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hunter_Wikia) This will fill you in quickly. The community here is awesome and will help to point you in the right direction. I would say a few must haves are the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle, the 9.3x62 Anschütz 1780 D FL Bolt Action Rifle, the .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle (foxes, bobcat and turkey), the 10 GA Lever Action Shotgun (birds and rabbits) and the reverse draw crossbow (black or forest camo). These weapons and their respective scopes are some of my favorites. Welcome to the game and community!
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hello and welcome to the game and forum. The wiki is definitely your friend, and for anything else, just ask here in the forum. Happy hunting :)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard Shaggymobilly :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Welcome to the group!
Seifer wrote: These weapons and their respective scopes are some of my favorites.
As Seifer told you, great guns & will cover every species in the game.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Welcome Shaggymobilly!

You will come to find out that there are three (possibly four, nowadays maybe even five or six) camps of what to have as a "to-go-gun".
The 9.3x62 is one of them (it would also be one of my last choices of them all).

1. .30R (Very nice to deal with. I'm not going in specifics here but apart from being slightly limited in the species list, it's the best one).
2. .300 (The "before the .30R" gun of choice. Still has its place).
3. 9.3x74R.
4. 7mm. (Bullpop or breakaction).
5. 9.3x62 Anschütz.
6. 8x57IS Anschütz.

The three original rifles battling for the pole position used to be the .300, the 7mm Bullpop and the 9.3x62 Anschütz.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Generalkommendant wrote: You will come to find out that there are three (possibly four, nowadays maybe even five or six) camps of what to have as a "to-go-gun".
The 9.3x62 is one of them (it would also be one of my last choices of them all).

1. .30R (Very nice to deal with. I'm not going in specifics here but apart from being slightly limited in the species list, it's the best one).
And this would be one of the camps :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a diehard 7mm break action guy I am in a different camp :lol: It has the largest ethical species list of any gun plus IMO its the best looking gun in the game (premium version). I also have a growing fondness for the 9.3x62. Its got the same ethical list but more thump downrange at the cost of a little more drop. Its one of the few calibers that you will have to take the bullets drop into account on long shots which give it character IMO. In a nutshell they will both serve you well on game animals from Coyote to Polar bear with only the Water Buffalo being off limits.

In the end one of the fun things about Classic is the ability to use different weapons. Your 1st choice of purchases should be what will serve you well for the species that you intend to hunt. I would suggest you invest yourself in your virtual persona. Decide what kind of hunter you will be & equip yourself (gear guns & clothes) to specialize in that. Then alter your avatar to reflect "your" look.
After that its about what you will have fun with.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

SoftShoe wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote: You will come to find out that there are three (possibly four, nowadays maybe even five or six) camps of what to have as a "to-go-gun".

And this would be one of the camps :lol: :lol: :lol:
Correct! :lol:
In the end one of the fun things about Classic is the ability to use different weapons. Your 1st choice of purchases should be what will serve you well for the species that you intend to hunt. I would suggest you invest yourself in your virtual persona. Decide what kind of hunter you will be & equip yourself (gear guns & clothes) to specialize in that. Then alter your avatar to reflect "your" look.
After that its about what you will have fun with.
True! I would recommend though, when it comes to rifles and if it's the first purchase and all, that you'll go with one of the 6 or 7 mentioned. Just to make it clear there's no "best gun", but there sure are some that stand out.
It would be a pitty if you, imo, ended up buying, let's say; the .308 or the 7x64mm for a start. They can be fine at a later point. Much later. Or never.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Generalkommendant wrote:True! I would recommend though, when it comes to rifles and if it's the first purchase and all, that you'll go with one of the 6 or 7 mentioned. Just to make it clear there's no "best gun", but there sure are some that stand out. It would be a pitty if you, imo, ended up buying, let's say; the .308 or the 7x64mm for a start. They can be fine at a later point. Much later. Or never.
Good point & I agree completely. Many if not most of the guns in the game you dont ever "need" to buy. They just offer some variety from your "go to" gun.

Return to “New Player Introductions”