Returning Hunter

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
CrippleMrOnion

Returning Hunter

Post by CrippleMrOnion »

hello all
returning hunter from, Ayrshire, Scotland.I was last on about 2 years ago had a lot of fun then really love the look and feel of the game.
and come back just adds to those thoughts ,looks even better its great even just wandering about.
now i am just trying to get back into the ways of the Hunter.
So i have come back with the 12 month Trail-runner with lots of great new guns for me and 3 Towers :D
which i have NO good idea on where to place them?
should i use them all in 1 reserve or in diffrent reserve's ? i love hunting in Redfalls (where i have hunted the most).
any hints and tips would greatly be appreciated :) :)

Cheers all

oh and where do you get that kill counter display showing all the diffrent kills of that week or month, thats at the end of alot of peoples post ?
Thanks
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Returning Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome to the forum, and back to the game. I'm also from Ayrshire. Small world.

To get the season kills widget in your signature click here then paste the following code into the textbox on the right:

Code: Select all

[signature=username][/signature]
Just replace the word "username" with your own in-game username.

Happy hunting :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Welcome back! :)

Wasn't there another guy from Ayrshire who just introduced himself recently? I didn't know so many people lived in Scotland... David, seems you found all your classmates from back then! :P
Speaking of Ayrshire, isn't Biffy Clyro from there? Great rock music if you ask me...
Image Image Image
Gonetae
Tracker

Post by Gonetae »

CrippleMrOnion wrote:hello all
returning hunter from, Ayrshire, Scotland.I was last on about 2 years ago had a lot of fun then really love the look and feel of the game.
and come back just adds to those thoughts ,looks even better its great even just wandering about.
now i am just trying to get back into the ways of the Hunter.
So i have come back with the 12 month Trail-runner with lots of great new guns for me and 3 Towers :D
which i have NO good idea on where to place them?
should i use them all in 1 reserve or in diffrent reserve's ? i love hunting in Redfalls (where i have hunted the most).
any hints and tips would greatly be appreciated :) :)

Cheers all

oh and where do you get that kill counter display showing all the diffrent kills of that week or month, thats at the end of alot of peoples post ?
Thanks
Welcome to the forums bud ;)
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

Welcome back MrOnion

You say you hunt in Redfeather Falls mainly, to me i would use 2 of the towers for here
and use the other on your second most used Island.
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

CrippleMrOnion wrote:which i have NO good idea on where to place them? should i use them all in 1 reserve or in diffrent reserve's ?
We cannot decide that for you, everybody has different needs. Play the game for a while and I can ensure you that you will be thinking about a tower at one point in time for a specific location.

What I can say is that towers are useful in areas that lack trees, plus they give you a lot of height. There is only one problem; deployable towers don't provide any scent reduction like the existing towers, so when animals get too close, they're likely to spook, which can be annoying since towers work best with bows (short range). Now you might think about using scent eliminator, but it has shown to be ineffective in a deployable tower. Personally I'm a big fan of tree stands and tripods, easy to setup and good visual/scent reduction. I only use ground blinds for birds and I have 5 deployabel towers (3 came with a membership, 2 got for free), but I never use them. I had one TGT and I had far too many animals spook. It's fine when you go long range with a bow, but I generally prefer 20-30m and that's when they start to smell me when they stick around long enough when I'm on a deployable tower. I did place 2 on 2 different maps in case anyone wants to use them in multi-player.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back aboard CrippleMrOnion ;)
CrippleMrOnion

Post by CrippleMrOnion »

cheers all for the welcome and the advice,
i will put it to good use and get right back into playing this great game.
thank you all

lets go a hunting :)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Hi, and welcome!

Return to “New Player Introductions”