Hello!

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Gonetae
Tracker

Hello!

Post by Gonetae »

Heya guys, not played for around 18months or so but bought 3 months of licenses to get back into things again. One wee problem I'm a bit overwhelmed atm, Can anyone give me some pointers on easing back into things or some bullet points on new 'must have' gear or fun stuff to hun that's been added in my absence? I have read through a lot of the patch history but as I said I'm a bit overwhelmed :( .....but looking forward to tramping about looking to bag some nice trophies again.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Hello!

Post by SoftShoe »

Welcome back!

I cant give any returning member advice. I am quite new, what it is is what its always been.

Gonetae
Tracker

Post by Gonetae »

Cheers Softshoe
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back Gonetae. Where hud ye gone tae? ;)

A good starting point for catching up on releases since you last played would probably be the release history in the wiki. You can find that here. In terms of "must have" equipment, it's difficult to answer that without knowing your hunting style and preferences. The 10GA lever action shotgun is a nice weapon. A muzzleloading pistol was also released the other week. Then there's the latest reserve, Piccabeen Bay. Big functionality changes in the last 18 months are trophy lodges, customisable loadouts and managing bait sites from the website. Other additions include antler sheds, plus new species such as the bobcat, banteng, water buffalo, rusa deer and sambar deer.

I would check out the release history then decide what you want to hunt, then take it from there.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back aboard Gonetae :)
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Welcome back!

i can understand your question.

Since the new map came out (piccabeen bay) i would recommend to get a 340 or a 45-70 weapon to hunt the big animals there.
You could get trophy lodges but that would not be a priority for me.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Howdy Gonetae, Welcome back ;)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Gonetae
Tracker

Post by Gonetae »

Cheers for the welcome guys and for the advice and links to help get me up to speed. Much appreciated all :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome back Gonatae. :)

Just one thing, since you were gone the sunglasses have been made functional, which means if you have used sunglasses before (just for the looks) your game might now be much darker. If this is the case press Y in the game to toggle the effect of sunglasses on and off.

This just came to mind because we have had other returning players wondering what happened to their game.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes i think having them on by default is a bit stupid tbh.it could put off new players and players returning thinking they have a issue.also the taxidemization every harvest would be nice to removed.even when turned off its on. ohhhh and hi and welcome back ! :D

i would look at the wiki and look at the species you not hunted before.see how to hunt them . ;)

Return to “New Player Introductions”