Howdy

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Re: Howdy

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva Serengetti!!

Welcome to this game and awesome community!!
Hope you stick around, and have a blast playing this fantastic game (it looks like you are already having a blast!! )

have Fun!!
Yarry
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Welcome Serengetti.
OldMtnMan wrote:Ok, good. I love Montana.

I lost interest in hunting antelope when I tasted it. Maybe it wasn't taken care of. I should have got a tag and shot one and tried the meat with me taken care of it. I had a lot of them where I hunted.
That makes a huge difference. Antelope meat has a pretty mild taste if you take care of it right away. I skin and gut the animal the same day it's shot to get the meat cooling down as soon as possible, and I've never had a strong or "gamy" flavor in meat I've taken care of that way.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I always skinned and boned out what I shot on the kill site. Hunting for elk in the Colorado Rockies at 11,000ft is tough getting the meat out. It usually took me 3 trips. I had my own special way to keep the meat cool that I had to leave behind for the 2nd and 3rd trip out.

Deer I would just skin and quarter it. Much easier to get a deer out. I know some guys drag out a deer but you wouldn't do it where I hunted.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Serengetti

Post by Serengetti »

OldMtnMan wrote:Ok, good. I love Montana.

I lost interest in hunting antelope when I tasted it. Maybe it wasn't taken care of. I should have got a tag and shot one and tried the meat with me taken care of it. I had a lot of them where I hunted.
I like it almost as much as elk but, you are right, lots of times it's not taken care of properly in the field.

Return to “New Player Introductions”