Hello from Colorado USA

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Hello from Colorado USA

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Hello all. I’ve lived in Colorado all of my life (50+ years) and started hunting here after I got out of high school. Although I don’t hardly get the chance to get out much anymore, I enjoy hunting ducks, geese, doves, rabbits, squirrels, coyotes and any other fur-bearers, and, of course, deer, pronghorn, and elk. I bow hunted deer in northeastern Colorado for 15 years before they made all deer licenses limited unit specific draw only licenses, when I switched to applying for rifle doe licenses on the plains (better guarantee for meat in the freezer than a buck license).
I’ve played video games pretty much my whole adult life, starting with the old Atari 2600. Some of those have included hunting games like Deerhunter, and the various Cabelas games. I bought just the basic Call of the Wild last December to see if I would like it, and downloaded Classic at the same time since it was free. I immediately got hooked on COTW, and within three months had purchased all of the DLC and had 600 hours into the game. However, my internet right now is a meager 70 kb/sec download speed Iphone hotspot, and when it took a week to download the Modern Weapons Pack update, I started messing around with Classic. My main reservation was the lack of xbox controller support, but with a little experimentation using the tutorials for testing I came up with a Joytokey configuration I felt comfortable with and started playing Classic for real. I am thoroughly and completely hooked. I still love COTW, but I don’t know if I’ll ever go back. Every time I try to play it, 15 minutes into it I want to switch back to Classic. As far as I’m concerned, Classic is the best hunting simulation I’ve ever played.
BCKidd

Re: Hello from Colorado USA

Post by BCKidd »

Welcome to tHc Community Forum, BD777. I have the same thoughts as you regarding theHunter Classic. It is truly the best, imo, hunting game available. I hope you enjoy your time here and many trophy critters come your way. :D

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the forum over here. I have seen you being engaged on Discord already. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Yeah, I joined the Discord because I wasn't receiving the activation emails for the forum. I actually prefer the more substantive nature of forum posts to the chat nature of Discord, and I hope I will be able to contribute here in the future.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Discord is for very short lived information. For decent topic management the forum is irreplaceable.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Welcome!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Where are you in Colorado? I'm in Buena Vista.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Happy Hunting Bonedigger777.

I have a pretty similar experience with COTW and Classic. The last map I bought in COTW was the Colorado map and I had a mission bug out to where I couldn't complete it. I was already addicted to Classic and mostly only fired up COTW if my internet was down. I eventually uninstalled COTW because I got tired of the huge updates that took forever to download on my slow internet and it was taking up a huge amount of space for a game I never played anymore.

As OldMtnMan Pete says: "Long live Hunter Classic."
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Where are you in Colorado? I'm in Buena Vista.
I'm on the eastern plains.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I just saw this. I love the mountains and never hunted the plains. How's the hunting?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “New Player Introductions”