hello,I am from china

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
zainlian

hello,I am from china

Post by zainlian »

I am from China, and China has strict hunting regulations. Only scientific research can obtain a hunting license. I can only submit an article to a scientific journal to prove that I am doing scientific research and am still working on it. I wish me success in the exam, it's really troublesome
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: hello,I am from china

Post by Fletchette »

Yikes !!!...I used to get my hunting licensees at Walmart, but now I just go online, click a few buttons, and print them on my printer. About $15.
Personal Bests...
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

Fletchette wrote:Yikes !!!...I used to get my hunting licensees at Walmart, but now I just go online, click a few buttons, and print them on my printer. About $15.
I thought you were joking... When I searched on Google, I found that Wal-Mart in the US actually controls the issuance of hunting permits. Wal-Mart only sells daily necessities in China. In China, the law stipulates that only the State Forestry and Grassland Administration can accept hunting licenses. China's hunting licenses are classified into three levels based on the scarcity of endangered animals instead of the United States' classification according to wild animal species. The price of a hunting license is almost the same as that of the United States, and the differences between the two countries are still very large. Hunting guns are issued by the state and will not be issued unless wild animals threaten human safety. However, China has a lot of hunting equipment besides guns. For example, there is something called "rolling cage(滚笼)", which even the Chinese rarely know
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

zainlian wrote:
Fletchette wrote:Yikes !!!...I used to get my hunting licensees at Walmart, but now I just go online, click a few buttons, and print them on my printer. About $15.
I thought you were joking... When I searched on Google, I found that Wal-Mart in the US actually controls the issuance of hunting permits. Wal-Mart only sells daily necessities in China. In China, the law stipulates that only the State Forestry and Grassland Administration can accept hunting licenses. China's hunting licenses are classified into three levels based on the scarcity of endangered animals instead of the United States' classification according to wild animal species. The price of a hunting license is almost the same as that of the United States, and the differences between the two countries are still very large. Hunting guns are issued by the state and will not be issued unless wild animals threaten human safety. However, China has a lot of hunting equipment besides guns. For example, there is something called "rolling cage(滚笼)", which even the Chinese rarely know
It's probably just a translation issue, but Walmart doesn't "control" hunting licenses. They are simply one of countless places that sell hunting licenses. Most sporting goods stores, guns shops, and even some gas stations also sell them. Although these days, I imagine most people just buy them online.

Here Walmart sells about anything you'd ever want to buy, including hunting rifles, shotguns, and ammunition.

It varies by state, but in most states there are several kinds of hunting licenses.

A "base" hunting license or "small game" license allows you to hunt most species in your area like rabbits, squirrels, feral hogs, fur-bearing animals and most vermin. These species usually have "daily limits", for example in my state you can only harvest 10 squirrels per day and 6 rabbits per day. In some states "trapping" is also allowed with the base/small game license. In other states it's a separate license, also with a daily or seasonal limit.

Some states have a separate license for "upland birds", (pheasant, grouse, etc.). In other states those are included in the base/small game license. There is usually a daily limit of 3-6 per day.

Large game licenses or "tags" are sold for species like elk, deer, moose, antelope, bear, sheep, turkey, etc.. Each tags allows you to harvest one of that species, although in many places you can buy more than one tag per season. Where large game animals are limited, you may need to "draw" a tag, which means participate in a lottery to get one of a limited number of tags for a particular species.

The last common type of license is waterfowl/migratory birds (ducks, geese, etc.). These are separate because they are regulated by the Federal Gov't to some extent. They also have a daily limit, usually in the range of 3-6 per day.

Fortunately, North American has an abundance of game animals, so anyone that wants to hunt can with very few restrictions. And as you probably know, here in the U.S. we also have an abundance of guns. :P Lots and lots of lovely guns. 8-) One of the biggest decisions I have to make when going hunting, is which gun I want to take that day.
Personal Bests...
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

A pretty interesting debate.

In Spain is totally (almost) the oppose that in China and USA. Here te most of the land is on private hands and there are real factories of "game" animals to feed those business. There's almos no public land to hunt and no such thing as "tags". If you want to hunt legally pay a forfeit, attend to the private ranger and take your price. But the meat.. if you want the meat you have to pay an extra.

Here we do some medieval kind of hunting that is call "monterías". That is that you pay for a seat over a valley or some vantage point and some... "Village people" with dogs take the game to your point or close.

That's stupid.thsts just the kill for the kill.

I envy your "tag" way to do and te much Freeland you have at your disposal. And a toast for it and keep it for ever.

The hunting culture is VERY different in Spain than in USA.
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

Fletchette wrote:
zainlian wrote:
It's probably just a translation issue, but Walmart doesn't "control" hunting licenses. They are simply one of countless places that sell hunting licenses. Most sporting goods stores, guns shops, and even some gas stations also sell them. Although these days, I imagine most people just buy them online.

Here Walmart sells about anything you'd ever want to buy, including hunting rifles, shotguns, and ammunition.

It varies by state, but in most states there are several kinds of hunting licenses.

A "base" hunting license or "small game" license allows you to hunt most species in your area like rabbits, squirrels, feral hogs, fur-bearing animals and most vermin. These species usually have "daily limits", for example in my state you can only harvest 10 squirrels per day and 6 rabbits per day. In some states "trapping" is also allowed with the base/small game license. In other states it's a separate license, also with a daily or seasonal limit.

Some states have a separate license for "upland birds", (pheasant, grouse, etc.). In other states those are included in the base/small game license. There is usually a daily limit of 3-6 per day.

Large game licenses or "tags" are sold for species like elk, deer, moose, antelope, bear, sheep, turkey, etc.. Each tags allows you to harvest one of that species, although in many places you can buy more than one tag per season. Where large game animals are limited, you may need to "draw" a tag, which means participate in a lottery to get one of a limited number of tags for a particular species.

The last common type of license is waterfowl/migratory birds (ducks, geese, etc.). These are separate because they are regulated by the Federal Gov't to some extent. They also have a daily limit, usually in the range of 3-6 per day.

Fortunately, North American has an abundance of game animals, so anyone that wants to hunt can with very few restrictions. And as you probably know, here in the U.S. we also have an abundance of guns. :P Lots and lots of lovely guns. 8-) One of the biggest decisions I have to make when going hunting, is which gun I want to take that day.
Hunting permits in China are based on the classification of animals. There are no other restrictions. For example, a first-level hunting license can hunt pandas, bears, Siberian tigers, golden monkeys and other animals, but it cannot issue a first-level hunting license except for scientific research institutions. Personally, I am applying for the second level. Only pheasants, wild ducks and other wild animals that are not endangered can be hunted. Chinese hunting is controlled by the state, including guns, but only if animals continue to harm humans. In fact, guns are strictly controlled. I only have traditional Chinese bows and arrows. And some handmade hunting equipment, but hunting without a hunting license is still a felony. If I'm in the United States, that's fine. If I can use guns, I will no longer use bows and arrows
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

El Turista wrote:A pretty interesting debate.

In Spain is totally (almost) the oppose that in China and USA. Here te most of the land is on private hands and there are real factories of "game" animals to feed those business. There's almos no public land to hunt and no such thing as "tags". If you want to hunt legally pay a forfeit, attend to the private ranger and take your price. But the meat.. if you want the meat you have to pay an extra.

Here we do some medieval kind of hunting that is call "monterías". That is that you pay for a seat over a valley or some vantage point and some... "Village people" with dogs take the game to your point or close.

That's stupid.thsts just the kill for the kill.

I envy your "tag" way to do and te much Freeland you have at your disposal. And a toast for it and keep it for ever.
Hunting culture is different in every country. The hunting culture in China comes from three thousand years ago. This is the method used by the ancient Chinese army to train soldiers. It is called "mu lie(亩猎)" or "wei lie(围猎)". Act as an enemy and kill a group of prey. Soldiers can be rewarded. If wild animals escape, soldiers will be punished. This method is no longer needed now. I applied for a hunting permit to conduct scientific research. I don't eat, I can't stand the smell of wild animals. However, if ordinary people want to experience the feeling of hunting, they can use a legally recognized hunting ground, which can hunt wild animals raised there and process them into food, which requires a lot of money. China used to be a war-torn area, where people hunted wild animals to survive. Today, food is abundant here, so hunting is rare, and hunting is prohibited by law. This is the current situation.
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

El Turista wrote:The hunting culture is VERY different in Spain than in USA.
However, I think the Chinese are stupid about hunting. Most people in China believe in Buddhism. Buddhism believes that people who kill animals go to hell after they die. They will be tortured and reincarnated as animals. Buddhism is so stupid that it even thinks that releasing animals caught by fishermen into the wild can save souls. As a result, it destroyed China's ecosystem. Some people even put piranhas back into the wild and Burmese tortoises back into the water. Animal scientists who study these animals condemned their behavior. The current hunting methods in China are very traditional and extremely cruel. The hunting industry in China is still in its infancy and must be continuously improved. I applied for a hunting permit for scientific research purposes, but it is still difficult to obtain a hunting permit in China
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

zainlian wrote:
However, I think the Chinese are stupid about hunting. Most people in China believe in Buddhism. Buddhism believes that people who kill animals go to hell after they die. They will be tortured and reincarnated as animals. Buddhism is so stupid that it even thinks that releasing animals caught by fishermen into the wild can save souls. As a result, it destroyed China's ecosystem. Some people even put piranhas back into the wild and Burmese tortoises back into the water. Animal scientists who study these animals condemned their behavior. The current hunting methods in China are very traditional and extremely cruel. The hunting industry in China is still in its infancy and must be continuously improved. I applied for a hunting permit for scientific research purposes, but it is still difficult to obtain a hunting permit in China
Wow, what an interesting conversation! A player from China? I can not remember someone from China before. I think I've seen it a couple times but never for any length of time.
So Zainlian, you still around? This is so interesting. The system show's you checking in recently? I assumed you would've been cut off from here by your minders. I think it would be amazing to have your perspective. We have a friend of the game from Iran who is an awesome guy but someone from China? that is quite a surprise.
One thing I've learned from this game and meeting people from around the globe is this "We are all more alike than we are different" which gives one hope for the future of humanity.
Yeah sure, we have our "indoctrinated" tow-the-line sheep who follow the prevailing winds of the momentary, perceived leadership of the moment. But the real intelligent "I make my own decisions" people seem to land here. I firmly believe the value of those interactions are priceless.

In the spirit of provocation I will state "No one from China has an opinion that differs from the official position of the State" ... :lol: ~ change my mind :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
zainlian

Post by zainlian »

Radamus wrote:
zainlian wrote:
Wow, what an interesting conversation! A player from China? I can not remember someone from China before. I think I've seen it a couple times but never for any length of time.
So Zainlian, you still around? This is so interesting. The system show's you checking in recently? I assumed you would've been cut off from here by your minders. I think it would be amazing to have your perspective. We have a friend of the game from Iran who is an awesome guy but someone from China? that is quite a surprise.
One thing I've learned from this game and meeting people from around the globe is this "We are all more alike than we are different" which gives one hope for the future of humanity.
Yeah sure, we have our "indoctrinated" tow-the-line sheep who follow the prevailing winds of the momentary, perceived leadership of the moment. But the real intelligent "I make my own decisions" people seem to land here. I firmly believe the value of those interactions are priceless.

In the spirit of provocation I will state "No one from China has an opinion that differs from the official position of the State" ... :lol: ~ change my mind :D
You think too much. I don’t log into game forums often because my father and book taught me hunting. I don’t need to acquire knowledge for games. The number of Chinese players in the Hunter Classic is very small, which is also true, because the forum has votes. This shows that there are very few gamers in Asia. But in China, many people are playing the hunter call of the wild. But in my experience, the animal characters in "call of the wild" are not alert enough. So I am still playing Hunter Classic. I was once invited to go hunting in England. Someone is responsible for my ticket costs, but I didn't participate because I don't like to trouble others. I suggest you come to China, I will treat you warmly. Of course, I am not responsible for the cost。 hahahaha

Return to “The Great Outdoors”