Tough Buck

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Trackingmaster

Tough Buck

Post by Trackingmaster »

Just found on Youtube :o
https://youtu.be/BBm4AI9JhNM
Maxmunger8
Spotter

Re: Tough Buck

Post by Maxmunger8 »

Trackingmaster wrote:Just found on Youtube :o
https://youtu.be/BBm4AI9JhNM

Wow I have seen that video many times before and it still is amazing to me. Well that buck certainly learned his lesson about hunkering down in a arable field.
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

That's pretty sad. If I saw that animal i'd put it out of it's misery and the DOW wouldn't complain or charge me.

Animals are tough. That's why in real hunting taking ethical shots is important. They can suffer a long time from a bad shot.

Head shots come to mind.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Maxmunger8
Spotter

Post by Maxmunger8 »

OldMtnMan wrote:That's pretty sad. If I saw that animal i'd put it out of it's misery and the DOW wouldn't complain or charge me.

Animals are tough. That's why in real hunting taking ethical shots is important. They can suffer a long time from a bad shot.

Head shots come to mind.

I don't understand, do you believe that the buck's injury came from a bad shot taken by a hunter? Doesn't the wound seem a little big to be from a hunting weapon? I read the description of the video and they thought the injury came from a accidental combine incident.
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Maxmunger8 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:That's pretty sad. If I saw that animal i'd put it out of it's misery and the DOW wouldn't complain or charge me.

Head shots come to mind.

I don't understand, do you believe that the buck's injury came from a bad shot taken by a hunter? Doesn't the wound seem a little big to be from a hunting weapon? I read the description of the video and they thought the injury came from a accidental combine incident.
I never mentioned how that animal got it's injury but I doubt it was a hunter. It needs to be put down fast.

Maybe you think it's unrelated but I mentioned animals also suffer like this from careless hunters. Not the one in the video but suffering is suffering. I've seen deer that had their jaw blown away from some idiot taking a head shot who couldn't shoot and required a precision shot. Not a fan of head shots and never will be. Lungs are a much bigger target that most bad shots can still hit. Hunters take head shots because they don't want to track. Most can't track any better than they can shoot.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

real sad... :(
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

seen this before, if I recall correctly, it was run over by a combine.

Sad to see, but a testament to the toughness of the whitetail.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”