Fly fishing

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Pharad

Fly fishing

Post by Pharad »

I only recently got into fly fishing (it isn't very popular where I'm from). I am tying my own flies and trying to visit new spots as often as I can. Any other fly anglers around? How did you get into it, what are your favorite fish to catch, and what are your favorite flies?
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Fly fishing

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Fly fishing is a lot of fun, even though I'm no good at it. My younger brother is the one who got me in to it. I'm not sure why but one day he decided he wanted to be a fly fisherman and I got drug into the mix. My favorite dish to catch are trout during the hex hatch. Floating down a river in the dark listening to big trout splashing as they jump out of the water and watching fireflies along the bank is pretty awesome.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Fly fishing

Post by stancomputerhunter »

You don't even have to fish for flies. Just hang one of those glue covered tapes from a ceiling, and you will catch dozens of them. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “The Great Outdoors”