Pretty cool live-feed deer cams

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Pretty cool live-feed deer cams

Post by Radamus »

I came across this live cam that's pretty cool - the guy fees the deer/turkey like cattle - Says he fees at 2:00 pm eastern time. I'm looking forward to seeing this today. He's got 3 different cameras to watch.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Pretty cool live-feed deer cams

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Great, now I'm not going to get anything done...
Too bad they've all shed their antlers. I can see a few bucks, just nothing on their heads.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Hey! that's pretty cool though. I got to see "feeding" time today, pretty amazing - within minutes hordes of deer and turkey. Best I was able to count was something in the 80's - Last night we had 27 deer in the yard at our feeding time - 6 bucks with antlers still.
I read he goes through 400#'s of oats a day - he had a sideXside with a cab and a big feed box on the back with a tube coming off the side. It's got an electric auger in it so he drives along filling those troughs just like a cattle feeder.
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Here's a real piebald doe from this feedlot -

Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Holy hell, watching it now and some of those does are more aggressive/possessive over their food than a pack of wolves!! It's constant posturing, chasing, kicking. Damn. I wouldn't have imagined it.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

TheSheWolf wrote:Holy hell, watching it now and some of those does are more aggressive/possessive over their food than a pack of wolves!! It's constant posturing, chasing, kicking. Damn. I wouldn't have imagined it.
So just like Wahmen.. :P ( Oh wait, did I just type this out loud ????....Crap, I'm in soooooo much trouble!!!. :? )
Personal Bests...
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TheSheWolf wrote:Holy hell, watching it now and some of those does are more aggressive/possessive over their food than a pack of wolves!! It's constant posturing, chasing, kicking. Damn. I wouldn't have imagined it.
Yep, they are just like the deer I feed in the backyard - we have 2 horse buckets spread 20 yards apart and I've seen one ****** run back and forth kicking at other deer trying to keep them away from both tubs, that is until a bigger one comes in and starts booting her- eventually they chill out and 3 or 4 will be on each bucket. I tend to think it's older sisters, because a mom will walk up with say twin yearlings and they all eat together and if a older one tries to kick off one of the babies momma doesn't like that and she'll go after the bully, which I think is also hers from the previous year. So I think it's a family thing :lol:
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I have seen the same thing. Normally I try and shoot the offender ;)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “The Great Outdoors”