Up Close Bison

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Up Close Bison

Post by Radamus »

Just returned from a trip out east and we stopped at an orchard in WVa for apples. We stop here every trip, awesome place and we load up with apples as their half the price we pay up here. They have all kinds of stuff going on from hayrides, outdoor music festivals and some wild animals. as we were leaving I wanted to get a pic of these bison and a fence was open so I pulled up in there and got out. I'm only a few feet away here and this thing jumped at me and put his face in the wire right after this. Scared me just a tab, yeah- cause if he was really motivated? that wire wasn't stopping anything. I think he was practicing his bluff charge as he wasn't anywhere near the biggest in the bunch. I can tell ya this much, it's one wild critter out there I'm not messing with. Sure aint no milk cow.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Up Close Bison

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

They sure are big! In Yellowstone we had big bulls walk right next to the van. They were easily taller than it and it seemed like just as long! I wouldn't want to make one mad!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: Up Close Bison

Post by BearJohnson »

When I lived in New Mexico - I had the opportunity to "Hunt" this Buff on a private ranch.
Alas, I could not afford it.

I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Return to “The Great Outdoors”