Tragically, it's also the beginning of "Moron's" season...

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Tragically, it's also the beginning of "Moron's" season...

Post by Radamus »

L3M182 wrote:plot twist: turns out the dead guy had done 6 months for smashing an ex girlfriends face in. His mother and sister have also came out and said theyre glad hes dead as hes a monster and he was only in France trying to start again after an alleged rape and sexual assault on multiple girls including his younger sister.

it is also looking like the hunt was illegal as non of the hunter had permits. or so a few of the sources say.( so hard to get actual facts from the news as everyone is just trying to flog paper and push an agenda)
(edit:) the hunt may or may not have been legal but the hunting season laws in france are bananas thats for sure. its really not cut and dried if they were in a hunting area or not. i mean if you cant clearly define the boundrys and allowed hunting hours youre asking for trouble

but yeah......still a tragedy?
Holy Toledo! Wow man! This is a small nordic town so this kind of information would be impossible to keep a lid on- OK, if I'm taking you at face value and this is the case then - wow, that's the fate of justice in some way. I am of the opinion he had it coming and the only victim is the guy who shot him.

I really am confused about the whole hunting law, where they were and all that. I was of the opinion that the EU nations were tighter than a banjo string when it came to guns, gun ownership, hunting and all of that. I also imagined ANY deviation from the law came with "life changing" consequences so severe that no one would dare to deviate from a strictly adhered mindset. This is why I was shocked to see this story at all. I understand it's going to happen here in the states, it's expected we're going to have those tragic accidents, I just had a different view of everywhere else because the US takes a lot of crap internationally because of our freedoms. I see so much from other countries that suggest Americans are walking around with guns shooting each other all over the place like the wild west- it's an inaccurate portrayal, but that is the impression that is spread in the media. I just figure reasonable people are smart enough to know activism when they read it.

So there was a lot about this story that kind of shocked me in all honesty. I would have bet money a place like France would be one of the safest places on the planet to go hunting is all.

edit: Wow man, I just did some reading about the things out there being said about this guy.... wholly cow that's some sad and sickening stuff, I can't begin to imagine. It's impossible not to believe the mom and sister, there's no way a sister could say those things without truly being honest. There's just too much stuff all pointing in the wrong direction for this cat. Now I feel even worse for the hunter as it sounds like he did the planet a favor. If this happened in the US, with all this stuff coming out, the hunter would have a GoFundMe stuffed full of cash by now for his defense.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Tragically, it's also the beginning of "Moron's" season...

Post by SoftShoe »

Honestly I doubt he was hunting in the conventional sense but he did bag the critter he was gunning for if you catch my drift. "Hunting" was just the cover story.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”