VIDEO - Sambar Deer Hunting Australia

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
james990
Outfitter

VIDEO - Sambar Deer Hunting Australia

Post by james990 »

I've always called bushrangers run a stereotype of Australia, it P*ssed me off a bit because that's not what Australian Hunting is about (except for the pigs and goats) When they added Piccabeen I had high hopes especially since they planned to add Sambar Deer. A much better perspective on Australian hunting than Bushrangers, however upon release, the environment still wasn't what I hoped for. I would of much rathered two reserves as the species don't match, a kakadu style with the water buffalo, magpie geese, banteng, chital, rusa. And a Victorian alps map with sambar, fallow, red, hog deer etc... However they combined them into to one to make piccabeen which is most similar to the environment of a north Queensland rain forest such as Daintree, which I've visited.

Anyway, I've been wanting to make this video for a while to show TheHunter community what Sambar hunting is like. Using my phone as a camera, I was limited in what i could capture, but took plenty of photos as well. I hope you enjoy a classic example of Sambar Hunting Australia.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”