mossberg 600at c-lect choke

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
L3M182
Outfitter

mossberg 600at c-lect choke

Post by L3M182 »

long shot i know but anyone had any experience with that choke setup

i know the yanks love the mossberg 500 which is practically what it is for the rugged reliability but they're are fairly rare in my part of the world and i im probably gona buy it if i can haggle the shop down just that adjustable choke has me concerned. i meantime must be a reason nobody manufactures them anymore and the info on the internet is sparse. are they trash?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: mossberg 600at c-lect choke

Post by Radamus »

I wouldn't worry about the adjustable choke. You just need to go out and pattern it with a big sheet of paper to check POA - I have a Remington Mdl 11 with a Polychoke. They work - I've got a Moss 535 Turkey Tactical - They are indestructible proven guns. They flat out work and are inexpensive, tough combo to beat. It's like cars - A cooper Mini will get the job done, but they make new Aston Martin's every day :D

The other answer is, you could get a barrel that accepted screw-in tubes. That is if this one isn't already threaded. Curious what kind of figure they have on it? In the US, it would be pretty cheap.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

£225 is what i walked away from it at today. they sit at about £550-£600 new in the uk after import and registration. id give it a 8/10 for condition. ill probably get the guy down as its sitting in a position with a small market of potential buyers and its been in the shop a while. the UK law states anything with a capacity of 3 or less is a shotgun otherwise you need a more advanced licence. its a 5+1 so you need a section one firearms licence and a valid reason to have one with a 12g grant. that basically falls to practical shotgun competitors most of which now use detachable mag shotguns like the saiga 12 gauge for speed so a pump action tube magazine is a bit obsolete.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

L3M182 wrote: they sit at about £550-£600 new in the uk after import and registration.
Ouch....I just looked, and Cabelas sells brand new 12ga 500's for $299 (£225). And that includes 3 chokes. That's a synthetic stock. The wood stock is the same price, but has a fixed full choke. I'm not sure why, unless that's just what Cabelas decided to keep in stock.

Can you have some kind of permanent plug installed (welded maybe) to get around the different permit levels?
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:
L3M182 wrote: they sit at about £550-£600 new in the uk after import and registration.
Ouch....I just looked, and Cabelas sells brand new 12ga 500's for $299 (£225). And that includes 3 chokes. That's a synthetic stock. The wood stock is the same price, but has a fixed full choke. I'm not sure why, unless that's just what Cabelas decided to keep in stock.

Can you have some kind of permanent plug installed (welded maybe) to get around the different permit levels?

i think you can if you buy it brand new from a dealer and they have a professional gunsmith crimp the gun or plug it so it cant be easily undone, but second hand the serial number on the receiver has been registered as a section 1 firearm the paperwork labour and legal hoops to have it modified to a section 2 would make it cheaper to buy a new one.

unfortunately over here we do tend to pay way more for american made firearms which is a bit of a nightmare as my personal taste leans towards the US made stuff. i did a 9 hour round trip for a good deal on a Remington 11-87.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

L3M182 wrote: unfortunately over here we do tend to pay way more for american made firearms
Not only for american made firearms. Also for European ones:
Mauser M18 in the US: $ 650,-
In Germany: € 950,- ($ 1'100,-) :o

And that's a German brand and parts are manufactured somewhere in East Europe
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i bought it haha. gona strip it clean it and get it out this weekend. cheers guys
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Thumbs up! It's nice that it's going to a home where it will be loved and molested :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Radamus wrote:Thumbs up! It's nice that it's going to a home where it will be loved and molested :D
nah would fit mate, would need to be a punt gun! :D

Return to “The Great Outdoors”