Bird cameras

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Bird cameras

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Looks like the ospreys are finally ready for take-off...
THe 2 oldest have been flying for a few days- the youngest, which hatched almost 3 days later still hasn't flown- but she's still eating and testing those flappers. Her brother, the oldest Jakk has been in and out. They would fly away for a while but then came back to sleep but I think they are pretty much on their way now.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Looks like the ospreys are finally ready for take-off...
THe 2 oldest have been flying for a few days- the youngest, which hatched almost 3 days later still hasn't flown- but she's still eating and testing those flappers. Her brother, the oldest Jakk has been in and out. They would fly away for a while but then came back to sleep but I think they are pretty much on their way now.
We are watching them every evening. Looks like the two bigger ones are already catching fish on their own?! At least they are nice and share their food with the smaller sibling - my wife who has two older brothers said she never experienced such niceness when they were children... :lol:
Image Image Image
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I see an empty nest, so the last one fledged too!
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I see an empty nest, so the last one fledged too!
Yes! She flew today! (or your yesterday) I checked in and went back to when she flew. I'm so happy, I was worried she didn't look well but she was just resting up I guess. Someone said the other 2 were even coming back to the nest after catching their own fish and giving some to their baby sister- Pretty cool stuff man, pretty cool stuff.
There was even a little excitement with the storks! Mom brought a fish to the nest and all 3 latched on and had a fight of wills for who got the fish- Had a hard time with it myself after mom comes to the nest and regurgitated a whole fish :lol: ~ not sure how excited I'd be grabbing onto a dead fish mom just puked up :lol: ` but apparently it tastes good to them - but it was fun to watch that- I'm actually quite surprised how aggressive they are, I would've expected that more from the Ospreys but hell no, they were amazingly well mannered and well fed by mom and dad, loved how they all 3 cuddled up together and seemed to care for each other. Those storks though, man they aren't the nicest critters to one another.

First time I've ever followed along with something like this with the exception of the pregnant giraffe last year that had the baby, will never forget that bag of fluids and "stuff" come sliding out and up pops a baby giraffe :lol: It was just the silliest thing but impossible not to watch it a little bit.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Radamus wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I see an empty nest, so the last one fledged too!
Yes! She flew today! (or your yesterday) I checked in and went back to when she flew. I'm so happy, I was worried she didn't look well but she was just resting up I guess. Someone said the other 2 were even coming back to the nest after catching their own fish and giving some to their baby sister- Pretty cool stuff man, pretty cool stuff.
There was even a little excitement with the storks! Mom brought a fish to the nest and all 3 latched on and had a fight of wills for who got the fish- Had a hard time with it myself after mom comes to the nest and regurgitated a whole fish :lol: ~ not sure how excited I'd be grabbing onto a dead fish mom just puked up :lol: ` but apparently it tastes good to them - but it was fun to watch that- I'm actually quite surprised how aggressive they are, I would've expected that more from the Ospreys but hell no, they were amazingly well mannered and well fed by mom and dad, loved how they all 3 cuddled up together and seemed to care for each other. Those storks though, man they aren't the nicest critters to one another.

First time I've ever followed along with something like this with the exception of the pregnant giraffe last year that had the baby, will never forget that bag of fluids and "stuff" come sliding out and up pops a baby giraffe :lol: It was just the silliest thing but impossible not to watch it a little bit.
Did you hear? That giraffe is pregnant again. It is really interesting watching these amazing animals like these birds grow up. We have a local bald eagle nest near where I live in Pennsylvania. I would share it here but they've already left the nest as of a few months.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”