2018/2019

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
officialwafflez
Hunter

Re: 2018/2019

Post by officialwafflez »

SoftShoe wrote:Awesome buck congrats!!! I have hunted great many years & have never laid eyes on let alone got sights on as big a dear!
Still in complete shock. Time to go elk hunting
Tod1d wrote:Wow, Waffles. That's a Dandy!! Congrats! Just judging the face & color looks to be a 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 year old. Also curious about weight & score?
weight was 334 Field dressed
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

officialwafflez wrote:weight was 334 Field dressed
Holy Cow!!! That puts him at around 400# live weight. (Nearly as big as the 2 bear above) That'll fill your freezer. :)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

officialwafflez wrote:Time to go elk hunting
and buy a lottery ticket! :lol:

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

Went out hunting today. I shot this doe at aproximately 120m.
Its so dirty because it sled into a ditch while dying

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Valrag wrote:Went out hunting today. I shot this doe at aproximately 120m.
Its so dirty because it sled into a ditch while dying

You mean this is not what a blacktail deer usually looks like? :P

Just kidding. Looks like a perfect shot! Congrats! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

Good shot!

Been busy the last couple days as well. Driven hunt season always consumes a lot of holidays and overtime, but I still love it and of course so does my dog.

We hunted at some good friends`place in bavaria from thursday to saturday and found a surprisingly big number of boars.

Thursday I climbed a tree next to a small ravine filled with blackberries, birch saplings and some other thick stuff. Minutes after the dogs were release i heard some mean rustling in the thicket and a big hog came out of the ravine right next to my tree. As the boar turned and passed the small machine path right next to me i managed to place a bullet in his neck and drop him on the spot. Pulling him out of the ravine would have been nasty.

About an hour later I was able to bag a female roe fawn as well. Good hunt.

Unfortunately I had no luck on friday. On saturday I was just about to climb my tree and only managed to emerge to about 2m height when my neighbours started shooting and I heard a boar approaching. My rifle was still unloaded but i managed to put a round in and shoulder the gun right when the boar came into view. The piglet of around 40kg was pretty fast, so i really needed the space of the small lane. However you can see him on the right edge.

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

Waidmannsheil Jaegerschnitzel!

I've been on my first driven hunt last saturday. Sadly i only saw one single wildboar and missed my shot. So my hunt ended empty handed. But it still was a great experience
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tuesday November 27th the 2nd day of the Ohio Gun Season, headed out to my tree stand in 20 degree snowy weather in the late afternoon around 4 pm and it seemed that
I hadn't been on stand 5 minutes and this 8 point buck came and stopped 20 yards away... well you know how it goes sometimes, my chance to take a deer so I pulled
up my .357 mag handgun and shot. The deer dropped on the spot, kicked around a bit and then took its last breath and the hunt was done. That fast that it didn't even
seem I had done any hunting at all. I had filled my tag and was satisfied with the enough meat that'll be made mostly into Jerky and the back-strap for a good meal or two.
Ohio allows you to hunt up to 6 deer if you want that many, but only 1 buck can be taken for the season. I've been having a hard enough time lately just to get out there
to hunt and didn't think I was going to get a chance at getting out at all this year,... but I guess the man upstairs gave this one to me in a real short fashion and now I can enjoy the
rest of the winter keeping warm and comfortable inside,.. except for the dogs keep draggin' me outside cuz they want to play in the snow....
Oh by the way the .357 mag 158 gr. hollow point bullet hit the buck in the heart as I found out when field dressing it and weighed around 155 pounds and was not the biggest deer around,.. but I guess sometimes it just doesn't really matter that much to me anymore.... I did what I set out to do even if it was in record time.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Lovely Buck! Sometimes you really work hard to no prevail, sometimes its the opposite!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Congrats Gas, that's fantastic! Very cool that you got him with a handgun as well! Got any more pictures from a different angle? That left side looks almost like it curled right in. That's pretty neat.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “The Great Outdoors”