2018/2019

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
james990
Outfitter

Re: 2018/2019

Post by james990 »

Jaegerschnitzel1990 wrote:Driven hunt season has finally arrived :D

Yesterday was the first big hunt of the season. About 80 hunters harvested 6 red deer, around 35 wild boar and some 15 roedeer.

I participated with my tree stand and climbed a fir tree in some beech trees with a lot of undergrowth.

View to the right:

View in front:

View to the left:

It was still incredibly warm for middle of octobre and the dogs had a tough day in that heat, but nontheless the hunt worked out quite well. I could not take a shot at a single red hind because of the undergrowth but this young sow passed the trail too slow ;)

Wow. Driven Hunting in Europe is something i have always wanted to do as there is no such thing down here in Australia. Used to love watching the old team wild tv driven hunt videos, would be an incredible experience I reckon.

would love to see more driven hunt posts from you or even there implementation to the game!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice pictures, Jaegerschnitzel1990!

Where do you usually hunt? Just asking because you mentioned Wiesbaden in the other thread... I'm just across the Rhine... :)
Image Image Image
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

james990 wrote:Would love to see more driven hunt posts from you or even there implementation to the game!
Shouldn´t be a problem, the next hunt is on friday. I spend about half of my annual holiday and quite a lot of overtime on driven hunts. There were years where I participated in 35+, but leaving way too much time and money on the highways of germany i reduced it to about 25 each year now.

@Tanngnjostr: I mostly hunt all over hassia but I also visit a lot of friends in different parts of germany. I used to do a lot of hunts in the northern part of hassia but meanwhile I moved to the south because of my job. Now I hunt quite often in the Wiesbaden area.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Jaegerschnitzel1990 wrote:Now I hunt quite often in the Wiesbaden area.
Nice! On weekends my wife and I are hiking in that area quite often, sometimes picking mushrooms during late summer/fall. I'll try not to get shot by you! ;)
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Nice! On weekends my wife and I are hiking in that area quite often, sometimes picking mushrooms during late summer/fall. I'll try not to get shot by you! ;)
I'm predicting a "German hiker shot dead, mistaken for a goat" thread in this very sub-forum, any day now ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
I'm predicting a "German hiker shot dead, mistaken for a goat" thread in this very sub-forum, any day now ;)
:lol: ~ Good lord man, stay the hell out of the woods Marc!

@Jaegerschnitzel1990 Great photos! You guys can use suppressors? that's so not fair!!!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Well, here in germany it´s a common joke between hunters to say that if you accidentally shoot some guy, you have to take over his place and marry his widow.

...would you therefore mind sending a pic of your wife first, before you go hiking? :lol:

@Radamus: Yes, we can use suppressors in a lot of german states meanwhile. It took quite some time, especially for "normal hunters" that do not hunt as a part of their job, and it still isn´t allowed everywhere, but we are getting close ;)

Hunting with a suppressor is a huge gift. I can´t imagine hunting without one any more...been using mine for a good 2,5 years now.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Jaegerschnitzel1990 wrote:...would you therefore mind sending a pic of your wife first, before you go hiking? :lol:
:lol:

She's a vegetarian and it was hard enough for me to convince her that virtual hunting is acceptable. I doubt you would get along very well. ;)
Image Image Image
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Allright, you´re good to go, buddy :D
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tanngnjostr wrote:She's a vegetarian...