2018/2019

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Re: 2018/2019

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

Waidmannsheil! Your pic seems not to work though...

Only a few days until hunting season really starts! Fallow, Roe, Ducks *sigh* :D
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

Shot my first velvet buck this past weekend in East Tennessee. We were fortunate to be able have a early archery buck only season and this cull buck walked out (spike for two years = out of the gene pool)Image
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

First whitetail in this thread! Congrats and I hope you´ll show us some more
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

Will do, regular season opens in 15 days
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Congrats. Good one to get out of the herd.

Season hasn't started yet, but I've been doing as much scouting as I can make time for, along with some stump shooting so that I can still hit something if the opportunity presents itself. Found a pretty good spot yesterday, but the highlight of the day for me was this shot. I was on a ridge when I looked off to my left. There was a long, clear lane with a small patch of sunlight at the end. Right in the center of that patch of sun was a stump that was just begging to have an arrow flung at it. I didn't really know the distance so I tried to just let instinct take over. It seemed like the arrow was just arcing in there in slow motion until it whacked right into the stump. I turned and waited for the roar of applause and standing ovation, but there was no one there but myself. Oh well. Paced it off at 56 yards.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Congrats. Good one to get out of the herd.

Season hasn't started yet, but I've been doing as much scouting as I can make time for, along with some stump shooting so that I can still hit something if the opportunity presents itself. Found a pretty good spot yesterday, but the highlight of the day for me was this shot. I was on a ridge when I looked off to my left. There was a long, clear lane with a small patch of sunlight at the end. Right in the center of that patch of sun was a stump that was just begging to have an arrow flung at it. I didn't really know the distance so I tried to just let instinct take over. It seemed like the arrow was just arcing in there in slow motion until it whacked right into the stump. I turned and waited for the roar of applause and standing ovation, but there was no one there but myself. Oh well. Paced it off at 56 yards.
Was it hard to sneak upon it?
Some of them stumps will spook at 100 yards........... :lol:
I'll give you a hand.........Clap clap clap,
pretty good shot for a Recurve.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Hell of a shot, Instinctive Archer. You really live up to your name. I wonder if I would have seen that stump at 50yds.

These are my bucks from this year. I dont think that I will shoot another one unless something really interesting comes along.
The one on the right is from last saturday. I managed to shoot him at around 140yds with the Drilling.
Of course he could have been a little older, but he was a border buck. He is a picture book example, though: Good pearling and a very nice color.

Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

gas56 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Congrats. Good one to get out of the herd.

Was it hard to sneak upon it?
Some of them stumps will spook at 100 yards........... :lol:
I'll give you a hand.........Clap clap clap,
pretty good shot for a Recurve.
Oak are pretty lethargic and are not hard to sneak up on. Maple seem to be easy as well, but don't let them fool you, they have a nasty habit of ducking the arrow... :roll: :lol:

Nice roes Moosehunter!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

MooseHunter330 wrote: These are my bucks from this year. I dont think that I will shoot another one unless something really interesting comes along.
Nice bucks! I´ve been "boiling" as well last weekend...not my most favorite job.
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

The buck from thursday didn´t quite make it to the boiling pot, though ;)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”