2018/2019

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: 2018/2019

Post by caledonianblues »

Man, what a buck!! Congratulations. That must have felt incredible. Great picture too. You'll remember that for the rest of your life. Awesome job. Let us know the score when you find out, just out of curiosity.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Wow, Waffles. That's a Dandy!! Congrats! Just judging the face & color looks to be a 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 year old. Also curious about weight & score?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Awesome buck congrats!!! I have hunted great many years & have never laid eyes on let alone got sights on as big a dear!

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

My trophies from my trip to Namibia earlier this year finally arrived :D

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

officialwafflez wrote:I've been hunting my whole life. whitetail have been my obsession. My uncle about 7 years ago bought land in Ohio, not much and it doesn't hold many deer. But during the rut bucks come from miles and chase does through the labyrinths of corn and soybean with a few blocks of timber.I'm completely content with the fact that I'll never see a deer this big again in the wild, let alone while hunting.But he's bigger than anything we've ever seen or had scored.
Don't ever say never........You are young and have a lot more deer hunting years to do. And plus you are hunting them, like you said in the Rut,...
when things like big bucks are possible coming from far & wide. And you can never go wrong hunting Ohio,. I know I've hunted it most of my life.
So who do you think that buck was fighting for the rights of those Does? What county and exactly where did you take it?.................just kidding......... :D
That is a great Buck you got,... a lot of mass. And isn't it fantastic when a hunt falls right into place....especially during the rut.
A big Congratulations,.. you've earned it.
Last edited by gas56 on November 9th, 2018, 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Valrag wrote:My trophies from my trip to Namibia earlier this year finally arrived :D

Nice to see you got them back.....
Great memories and your wall is waiting........ :D
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

It would take too many characters to thank you all, I'm still in disbelief. I know the score but my uncle has asked me to keep it under wraps and because it's his property and I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to hunt it. We'll leave it as it would be top 5 ingame. I'm truly blown away.
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Congrats! That's an absolute stud! Thats a (hopefully not) once in a lifetime deer! Ohio seems to be cranking out some dandies this year!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

Boy oh boy! What a beast! Congratulations on a awesome deer!
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

Spent half of last week participating in driven hunts. As we were literally overrun with wild boar last year (we shot close to 100.000 in my state) things are way slower this year. The really dry spring and summer caused a lot of dead piglets, therefore there are not as many boar in the area as in the previous years. A lot of really small piglets (2nd breed of the year, aroung 20-40 lbs) make shooting single big boars tough, as you do can´t be sure that it´s not a nursing sow.

However, three hunts (thursday to saturday) brought a total bag of 9 boar. Last year, those three hunts produced around 30. I did see a group of piglets on thurday, but could not take a shot because I had no backstop. This nice 2yo cull stag made the day off work worth it nontheless :D

Return to “The Great Outdoors”