2018/2019

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: 2018/2019

Post by Villkatta »

Jaegerschnitzel1990 wrote:This mornings goose hunt:

Very nice selection - well done!

Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

Thanks!

Yesterday paid off again. I wanted to sit on a highseat overlooking a nice big meadow...however I never got there as this yearling already stood in front of the seat. As the grass was not too high i managed to crawl in to about 100m and take him in prone position:

I gutted him and took him to the chiller but it was only about 20:30 then, so I decided I would try my luck on a seat next to some mirabelle and apple trees where the pigs always roam this time of the year. I heard pigs in the reeds all around me the whole time, however this buck showed up first. No five minutes later and this small sow showed up. I could see that she was not lactating and took her as soon as she turned broadside.

Edit: Moosehunter, look at the side they lay on...just for you buddy ;)
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Again, very nice animals! Waidmannsheil.
The pictures are just right!
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Smokes, that's one lucky evening! Waidmannsheil & well done. Taking animals in quick succession demands some skill and discipline.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Awesome pics guys. Still almost 2 months to wait still here. Not sure how much I'll be able to make it out while and college. Hopefully more that I should :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Not sure how much I'll be able to make it out while and college.
I had do read that thrice. I always read "Not sure how much I'll be able to make out while at college" and thought "Whoooot? If you don't make it there, you won't make it anywhere"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In any case, I wish you'll get to do plenty of both (but don't let the ladies keep you from hunting -the ones that do aren't worth it in the long run, I tell you!)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Knut wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Not sure how much I'll be able to make it out while and college.
I had do read that thrice. I always read "Not sure how much I'll be able to make out while at college" and thought "Whoooot? If you don't make it there, you won't make it anywhere"

In any case, I wish you'll get to do plenty of both (but don't let the ladies keep you from hunting -the ones that do aren't worth it in the long run, I tell you!)
:lol:
I can see how it's easy to misread that! I already learned that lesson. I had a girlfriend once in high school. That lasted for about 3 weeks and then deer season started. She thought I was going to skip the rut to go to the movies. Figured out she wasn't the one pretty quickly :lol:

I've been doing lots of scouting of public land in the area. I've heard deer numbers are way down due to wolves. I'll have to see what I can find. Looking forward to hunting and learning some new country.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I had a girlfriend once in high school. That lasted for about 3 weeks and then deer season started. She thought I was going to skip the rut to go to the movies...
It never stops to amaze me how far away from reality some people are :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:She thought I was going to skip the rut to go to the movies.
Depends on who's in rut! Sometimes it's worth watching a movie first. :D
Image Image Image
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Tanngnjostr wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:She thought I was going to skip the rut to go to the movies.
Depends on who's in rut! Sometimes it's worth watching a movie first. :D
Maybe now. I was 16 at the time. It would have to be a REALLY good movie though :lol:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”