Real Life Taxidermy

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Real Life Taxidermy

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That's very cool. Always thought it would be fun to learn how to do it. May have to try it some day. I'm currently waiting on my buck from this past season to get finished. The guy said end of march but I still haven't heard from him. What's your favorite mount that you've ever done?

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:That's very cool. Always thought it would be fun to learn how to do it. May have to try it some day. I'm currently waiting on my buck from this past season to get finished. The guy said end of march but I still haven't heard from him. What's your favorite mount that you've ever done?
I really like the deer and bear head mounts like these:

Monster whitetail shot by my dads friend:

Big angry bear:
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

And if your a fan of full body here are pics of a full body deer and bear:

Nathan22Outdoors
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I was a fan of full body until I saw how much they cost :lol:
When I dropped my deer off, the guy was working on a deer that had a nasal infection when it was shot and it's nose was swollen up like a balloon. The guy wanted it mounted that way. It was the weirdest looking mount I've ever seen.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I was a fan of full body until I saw how much they cost :lol:
When I dropped my deer off, the guy was working on a deer that had a nasal infection when it was shot and it's nose was swollen up like a balloon. The guy wanted it mounted that way. It was the weirdest looking mount I've ever seen.
Hahahha thats funny, the guy who brought the 55lb red coloured wolf relised it had a tracking collar on it so he brought it somewhere and got it traded for a deactivated one so he could have it on the full body, should look good
Nathan22Outdoors
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Oh wow! These look great! I second(or third or fourth) the way you did those eyes. They look stunning!
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

walt133 wrote:Oh wow! These look great! I second(or third or fourth) the way you did those eyes. They look stunning!
Hahaha thanks, but i cant take all the credit, i work there and do more watching then working.
Gotta learn before i start doing stuff on my own, but i have been helping on the deer heads
Nathan22Outdoors
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

That's some real quality work!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Damn! That IS some great work! Do you guys also do fish replicas? Like if the length and girth measurements were provided along with a couple of pictures, or do you guys just do straight taxidermy? I am curious because I plan on having a few fish mounted this year (replicas of course), and would be happy to talk to you guys about doin them.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Damn! That IS some great work! Do you guys also do fish replicas? Like if the length and girth measurements were provided along with a couple of pictures, or do you guys just do straight taxidermy? I am curious because I plan on having a few fish mounted this year (replicas of course), and would be happy to talk to you guys about doin them.
Yes we do all kinds of fish, we also have molds for the world record largemouth,
here are some pics of fish (doesnt show off the world record largemouth):

A couple smallmouth painted but not fully mounted yet:

Male and Female rainbow trout:

Crappie mount and a largemouth mount:

Couple big muskie and far right (just tail showing) is a 78lb salmon
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “The Great Outdoors”