IRL Red Fox family (video).

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

IRL Red Fox family (video).

Post by Fletchette »

I have another family of Red Fox living under my back deck again this year. Mom and 3 pups/kits. It's earlier in the year than the pictures and videos I posted a few years ago when another family was hanging out back there, so these babies are much younger. Also a smaller litter. The one a few years ago was 6-7 pups/kits, but we've only seen 3 in this litter.

Mom is having a hard time keeping them in line. One keeps running down to the creek and she has to constantly go get him and carry him back, which is what caused me to shoot this video.

Also a brief appearance by Flechette, Bowie, Claymore and Maddie :D ....Also some woman. :?

Best viewed in full-screen and at as high a resolution as YouTube will let you.

Shot in 4K, and yes, I know, my windows are dirty !!! :oops:

Personal Bests...
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: IRL Red Fox family (video).

Post by Generalkommendant »

Look at that! Not easy with kids. So neat!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Very nice John. We have several in close proximity to the house. Don't see them until dusk, when they walk right down the middle of the road. Tonight when coming home from dinner, one a had a kit in its mouth. Moving them, I think.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Very cool man. I love the dogs, you get up from your computer and they inherit the warm spot :lol: Happy puppies
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Pretty cool! I'll bet that provides lots of entertainment. We had a family living in one of the culverts at our golf course this summer. Every time we shot a red squirrel we threw it over by the opening for them. It got to the point where they'd come out every time they heard the .22 :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

wow great vid, never knew they started off as grey and went to orange
Nathan22Outdoors
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

The little ankle biter is afraid it's gonna become puppy food! :lol:
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When it warms up you need to get the power washer out, clean those decks and get some sealer on them. We're getting a section of deck replaced this spring, it's only 16X32 I think, $10k for simple sht- Can't complain too bad, it's 22 years old, original to when we built the house but sealed every other year is the only reason it's lasted I believe. The wife got really good at doing it too :D - all I had to do was powerwash, I'm just the heavy equipment operator, not a laborer :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Radamus wrote:When it warms up you need to get the power washer out, clean those decks and get some sealer on them. We're getting a section of deck replaced this spring, it's only 16X32 I think, $10k for simple sht- Can't complain too bad, it's 22 years old, original to when we built the house but sealed every other year is the only reason it's lasted I believe. The wife got really good at doing it too :D - all I had to do was powerwash, I'm just the heavy equipment operator, not a laborer :lol:
Yeah, that back deck needs washed and sealed again this year. The leaves are tough on them. I just replaced the boards on that back deck about 5 years ago, MYSELF, and they're still in good shape structurally.

Now for you....Go to Lowes, buy some deck boards, put on your big boy pants, and do it yourself. It's a one day job at best for a 16x32 deck.
I just checked the price at Lowes, and 16' pressure treated deck boards are $11.88 /each. You'll need about 64 of them, so deck board cost is about $770. Throw in another $30 for deck screws and call it $800. A far cry from $10k. You could save the $9200, or better yet, tell the woman the cost is about $5000, so you'll save the other $5000, and spend the remaining $4200 on TOOLS !!!
Last edited by Fletchette on March 30th, 2018, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Fletchette wrote:Now for you....Go to Lowes, but some deck boards, put on your big boy pants, and do it yourself. It's a one day job at best for a 16x32 deck.
I just checked the price at Lowes, and 16' pressure treated deck boards are $11.88 /each. You'll need about 64 of them, so deck board cost is about $770. Throw in another $30 for deck screws and call it $800. A far cry from $10k.
This! Doing deck boards is not a difficult job. Grab a Dewalt drill and a square bit and some screws and start on it. Just make extra sure the boards you buy are actually treated. :D :mrgreen: You will definitely save big $$$ ;)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”