Fishing 2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Fishing 2018

Post by SoftShoe »

That far north, this time of year & on the water... Must have been colder than a witches... Well, ya know :D

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

SoftShoe wrote:That far north, this time of year & on the water... Must have been colder than a witches... Well, ya know :D
Last Friday. Was a pretty nice day. A little chilly going out & coming back on full plane. But otherwise, the sun came out & it wasn't too bad.
We'll probably get one more fishing trip in before putting the boat to bed for the winter.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Wow that's a dandy! Self guided or chartered?

Lots of guys been getting salmon up here. It's deer season though so I haven't gone fishing in a while.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

So today I am officialy closing my 2018 fishing season (my first after many many years of hiatus). So I have caught: 1x Asp about 62 cm (about 25") which was fish previously known to me only from books, its a very clever predator and only predatory cyprynid living in Europe. 2x Common Carp sized 48 cm (about 19") one on float setup one on feeder/bottom rig, numerous Perch which biggest was about 32 cm (about 13") and its a fairy big one for river ecosystem, quite few Common rudd which biggest one was again 32 cm (about 13") again a big boy, because normal size varies from 20 - 25 cm (8-10"), countless number of Common bream (all of them were lil 'uns) but quite fun to catch and also Common roach in countles numbers, 1x Ruffle, 1x (baby) zander which was also my first ever fish caught on spinning rod. I was fairly unlucky if going after Northern Pike.

Loses: 1x float rod broken by my fault, 1x lost landing net in Public transport, countless number of various lures due snags or cast onto tree branches. It was good season and day after tommorow I am heading for new permit and starting again. Jack

Return to “The Great Outdoors”