Air guns!

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
DaveyCockett
Tracker

Re: Air guns!

Post by DaveyCockett »

Hey guys huge airgun fan. I have too many to list so I will mention only the ones I cherish. Have two Benjamin Disco's both have been highly modified and can shoot .5" at 55 yards all day long, and both love the air arms 13.4g in .177. Took 3rd in the nation with one of em in 2016. My favorite is my 2016 Nevada state championship 1720T pistol made by crosman. Took 3rd in the nation with the pistol as well. It shoots air arms 8.4 like a dream. I built a 1322 pump pistol into a 14ft/lb tack driver with an 18" barrel, high end moderator and fully tuned trigger and internals. Shoots the Air arms falcon 13.4 from 11y to 22y it shoots so flat no hold under or over. And super tight groups out to 55y. It was my prize for placing 3rd in pistol and rifle in the crosman all american challenge. But my go to gun is my benjamin trail np1 break barrel. Highly tuned trigger and stock built to the hilt. First and only comp I entered with it took second because I broke the scope on day two. Most expensive gun is a Thomas ft rifle I had and quickly returned because it was $5,500 new and could not out shoot my discos in field target comps. But if you strap it down it will put a pellet in the same hole at 55y benchrest.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

I’ve had many airrifles But my 2 all time favourite were my 1983 HW77 and my daystate harrier X. Both fantastic tools. However. I sold my HW77 and retired my harrier X as it’s just got too much sentimental value to me. Truth is now that I’ve got my ticket . It’s hard to find an area that I’m not better off leaving the £800 airrifle at home. And taking the £150 22LR. With a moderator.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Looking foward to tomorrow, my new CO2 Pistol will arrive.... a Custom Colt 1911 all metal replica with Blowback. 4,5mm/.177cal steel BB's, 17 shots in the magazine and ca. 3Joules . should be really fun for target practice. There is even a competition in August for Airguns in my area so I might even give that a shot :lol: 8-) Looks just like the 10mm we have in the game....

My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I got into them for a spell. I found this old Crosman MK1 Target in a box of stuff in my Grand dads shop and decided to bring it back to life. I spent some time looking for seals and mods and came across this cat in California called MAC1, Tim McMurray, I think he's still doing them too. I ended up sending it to him for the full LD treatment. I had this done 15 years or so ago and it still rocks- It's a .22 cal with German precision target barrel. I opted to stay with cartridges instead of adding a tank. I have the adapter and mountings for one but didn't like it that much. I recall I spent a stupid amount of money on the work but it's pretty amazing in accuracy and consistency. Nothing but the frame and plastic grips are original- it's also silenced. He adds a buffering system to the barrel that makes very little sound. Shot a lot of starlings, mice and snakes with it. So goes my adventure into airguns, pretty unique little feller :D

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”