Air guns!

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
thewindiw
Scout

Air guns!

Post by thewindiw »

Hello, thought I would start a little thread for us air gunners. Say a little about yourself and I was thinking tell/show the gun you own and then your "dream" air rifle I'll start. I'm a youth that lives in Canada I recently got into air guns and last month bought a Gamo shadow 1250(a mid end Springer) so far I'm happy with it, I'm shooting 1" groups at 30yards using crossman gold tip pellets. My current dream air rifle is a Air arms FX crown. Can't wait to hear from all of you.

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Air guns!

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I've got two pellet guns.
An old Diana airgun, which my uncle gave to me. It has a little 4x scope on it, but beyond 30 Meters there is no hitting with it.
The other one, a real gem, is my dad's old Weihrauch HW35 long range air rifle. It's fitted with a 2-7x scope and shoots reasonably well out to 50 to 60 meters.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Got into air rifles fairly young and got quite serious about them as an adult. over the years ive had, borrowed or fired pretty much everything but without a doubt my all time favourits are my daystate harrier x that is still a tack driver after 15 years and my HW77 that i brough back from the dead. the serial number indicates its from 1983 and is without a doubt the best springer ive ever fired and the benchmark to which i test othewr and is the only one ive ever had a desire to keep after the move to PCP.

People see airrifles as toys but id like to think than pound for pound ive put more meat in the freezer with my daystate than most big game hunters do with any given center fire big game rifle. And when my FAC clears ill do the same with my 22LR
already got a cz 452 clone waiting to come home
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

I own a old HW90 with a 6-9 x scope and A new FX Monsoon semi auto with a FX 6-12 x scope. both are perfect for varmint control or hunting Rabbits

Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

All mine were Loguns sadly don't have them anymore but I had:

2 Logun S16's

Logun Gemini and a Logun Axsor.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Currently I have a Stoeger ATAC, Airforce Talon (.22), Gamo Wildcat the older of the 3 all very good for hunt Rabbits, Pigeons and mid size varmint control like Raccoon, Opossum, Fox, Coati, Weasel, Badge even Turkey the Stoeger ATAC and Wildcat pass trough Opossum, Raccoon, Turkey at 30mts and Talon is a Beast, completely destroy a Pigeon at 30mts to much power this is for long range shots above 50mts.
Both Atac and Talon came with a 4-16x scope; I change the scope that came with Gamo for a UTG 4-16x50 Illuminated, Mil Dot
I own in the past a old Diana and Crossman Phantom this last one has same power as Gamo Big Cat .177.

I'm crazy to put hands on a Airforce Texan .45, here's a video of Airforce Texan
https://youtu.be/LFVjNUjH3s8
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

L3M182 wrote:Got into air rifles fairly young and got quite serious about them as an adult.
I did as well. I currently own Beeman R1, RWS 52, FWB124 & Gamo Stutzen. The Feinwerkbau is my benchmark gun. I had it tuned & you will not find a smoother springer, a real tack driver as well!

I've been wanting to get into PCP as well. I really dig the bullpups.

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I've been wanting to buy me an air rifle, something that I could play around with in the back yard without disturbing the neighbors ;) I picked up this rifle from a guy at work. My first air rifle. It's a Benjamin Trail NP .22 w/ 3-9x40mm Centerpoint Scope. Put about 100 rounds through it yesterday. I think the trigger pull is a bit long but as I said, it's my first and I'm having fun with it so far :)

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

Hi. I've owned several airguns pretty much since I turned 18. For a bunch of years they've been sitting in a closet but recently I've been getting back into the hobby. I shoot paper and steel only, no hunting IRL. I own an IZh-38 rifle, a Lucznik wz. 1970 air pistol and my sweetheart - an HW-30S. All in .177. I'm thinking about something slightly bigger and more powerful, maybe an HW-35? I have a 4x scope lying around and I want to keep my 30S scopeless and light.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Would love a big bore .45/.50 or even a .357 air rifle.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”