Any photographers here?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Hifisch
Scout

Re: Any photographers here?

Post by Hifisch »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Hifisch wrote:
DarkHunterXX wrote:

That's great, what kind of things do you photograph or film?
Mostly landscapes & wild life (if I manage to see it) :)

That's cool, have you some work online so i could check?
I had a lucky day today because i saw a eagle very close and got a great photo out of it.
It could be better if i didn't had so much backlight because it was really hard to expose now.

Check it out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcdegra ... ed-public/
That's not an eagle, that's a buzzard :D
Still, very good looking image. I took a look at your other pictures as well and I must say, hats off! There are quite a lot of very professional ones in there, at least in my opinion. You should definitely keep going with your passion.
I'm going to check later when I'm home if I can find anything presentable of my work on my hard disk :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I've been into photography for many years now. I used to do portraits & weddings, but now just get out when I can & work on macro & nature. I'm on the cell right now, but when I get home I'll link my Flickr & some threads here of some Arkansas Elk pictures.

Right now, I shoot a Nikon d7200 and an assortment of lenses, my favorite of which is the Nikon 105mm macro.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Hifisch wrote: That's not an eagle, that's a buzzard :D
Still, very good looking image. I took a look at your other pictures as well and I must say, hats off! There are quite a lot of very professional ones in there, at least in my opinion. You should definitely keep going with your passion.
I'm going to check later when I'm home if I can find anything presentable of my work on my hard disk :)
What was i thinking haha, i was totally wrong :oops: ofcourse its a buzzard :lol:
Thanks for the positive feedback :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Hawkeye wrote:I've been into photography for many years now. I used to do portraits & weddings, but now just get out when I can & work on macro & nature. I'm on the cell right now, but when I get home I'll link my Flickr & some threads here of some Arkansas Elk pictures.

Right now, I shoot a Nikon d7200 and an assortment of lenses, my favorite of which is the Nikon 105mm macro.
Nice, weddings are like the hardest things to photograph in my opinion. I had just one which was my aunt's wedding but you really need to communicate a lot!
A 7200 is a dream camera for me! it's just so much better in everything.
The 105mm is also great, it's the top macro lens from nikon. It does have the F2.8 but i quess you don't use 2.8 often because it's a 1:1 lens?
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I've been into photography for many years now. I used to do portraits & weddings, but now just get out when I can & work on macro & nature. I'm on the cell right now, but when I get home I'll link my Flickr & some threads here of some Arkansas Elk pictures.

Nice, weddings are like the hardest things to photograph in my opinion. I had just one which was my aunt's wedding but you really need to communicate a lot!
A 7200 is a dream camera for me! it's just so much better in everything.
The 105mm is also great, it's the top macro lens from nikon. It does have the F2.8 but i quess you don't use 2.8 often because it's a 1:1 lens?
Weddings just weren't my style really. I did several of them, and the money's great to pay for your equipment, but it wasn't my passion. I do enjoy working with models though, and wouldn't hesitate to do that more often. Macro & nature is just so much fun though as a hobby, and I enjoy doing both when I can get out. Here's my Flickr if you want to see some stuff. It looks like we have some similar interests judging by your page. You have some really nice work there. I like the close-ups of eagles and the backlit mushrooms.

The 105mm is also a fantastic portrait lens, so I use the smaller depth of field (2.8) for that. The lens actually won't even allow you to use 2.8 when you're focusing in close, so isn't used for real macro shots. As you correctly point out, the depth of field would just be too small at 1:1. I absolutely love the d7200. Next on the list is the 70-200 f2.8. I had the Canon version before I switched to Nikon, and have been able to rent the Nikon version a couple of times. I have a lot of experience with it, but it's just hard to justify the cost right now.

Here is a thread on Arkansas Elk for some of my elk shots this past year. It's almost time to start going back out there. I had to rent a good lens with some reach, so will probably do the same again.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Wonderful picture, Hawkeye! :)
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I've been asked to take photos at weddings a few times. (since my divorce I don't like to even go to a wedding). I always turn them down by saying "I don't want to let the lady down. Wedding photos are so important to the women, you know, until the divorce."....that usually gets my point across - a very dirty look from the woman & the guy just kinda turns away trying not to smile. Poor sap.

Great Elk photo.

A few of mine....
https://500px.com/31violator
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Hawkeye wrote:
Weddings just weren't my style really. I did several of them, and the money's great to pay for your equipment, but it wasn't my passion. I do enjoy working with models though, and wouldn't hesitate to do that more often. Macro & nature is just so much fun though as a hobby, and I enjoy doing both when I can get out. Here's my Flickr if you want to see some stuff. It looks like we have some similar interests judging by your page. You have some really nice work there. I like the close-ups of eagles and the backlit mushrooms.

The 105mm is also a fantastic portrait lens, so I use the smaller depth of field (2.8) for that. The lens actually won't even allow you to use 2.8 when you're focusing in close, so isn't used for real macro shots. As you correctly point out, the depth of field would just be too small at 1:1. I absolutely love the d7200. Next on the list is the 70-200 f2.8. I had the Canon version before I switched to Nikon, and have been able to rent the Nikon version a couple of times. I have a lot of experience with it, but it's just hard to justify the cost right now.

Here is a thread on Arkansas Elk for some of my elk shots this past year. It's almost time to start going back out there. I had to rent a good lens with some reach, so will probably do the same again.

We really have some similar intrests indeed , you have great macro photo's on your photostream. I also like some of the portraits :). (thanks for the follow).
Yeah the 70-200 2.8 is a beast of a lens and also great for portait, i would love to test that lens someday haha.
Why did you switch to Nikon, most professionals use Canon (not that ur not professional ;).

Also awesome Elk photo's! i go almost every year to "De Veluwe" where i can find red stags, the sound they make is just so beatifull and it really gives me a Adrenaline boost!
i'm at the moment in "Drente" which is on the north of the Netherlands. Yesterday i was walking there with my parents in some forest and saw a few deers, didn't get any photo of it unfortunately but today we drove next to the forest and i could see some deers walking, so tomorrow i will defintely check that out and hopefully get some shots of it.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Violator31 wrote:I've been asked to take photos at weddings a few times. (since my divorce I don't like to even go to a wedding). I always turn them down by saying "I don't want to let the lady down. Wedding photos are so important to the women, you know, until the divorce."....that usually gets my point across - a very dirty look from the woman & the guy just kinda turns away trying not to smile. Poor sap.

Great Elk photo.

A few of mine....
https://500px.com/31violator

I really like the photo called "Look out below", it's awesome!
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

DarkHunterXX wrote:
I really like the photo called "Look out below", it's awesome!
Thank you.
I got to ride on an Ultralite. Very COOL. The guy asked "Are you a daredevil?" - "Go ahead, I'm in."....he took us a little higher then reached up & grabbed one of the ropes & pulled it in close. We started into a fierce downward spiral. When he pulled out of it I said "OK, one more time." He laughed & said "Just once more though." The people on the ground that were in the club (some Ultralite club locally) told my Nephew that he was the only guy they knew that would do that maneuver with a passenger.
I took about 300 shots from that ride.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”