Custom Knives Anyone?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Custom Knives Anyone?

Post by Radamus »

Those are some pretty crazy blades Ivan! That Bowie at the bottom looks like a big boy knife :lol: - the one with the fork antler handle, I'm not sure which end provides the most risk, might just be best hanging on a wall I think.

I added another Busse so I guess with 2 I have a collection started and just bought a 3rd yesterday... I gotta stop this now before I'm too addicted, it's not a cheap hobby.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Yeah, Len. IDK if those were for sale or not...
Most of what he forges isn't that odd but I only had those pics from his Facebook profile. Will see if I can get a handle of more.
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:Those are some pretty crazy blades Ivan! That Bowie at the bottom looks like a big boy knife :lol: - the one with the fork antler handle, I'm not sure which end provides the most risk, might just be best hanging on a wall I think.

I added another Busse so I guess with 2 I have a collection started and just bought a 3rd yesterday... I gotta stop this now before I'm too addicted, it's not a cheap hobby.
Its like buying bows. You just need to accept that you're addicted and go with it. I can only shoot one at a time but that doesn't stop me from owning 10 or 12 at a time . :lol:
Let the collection begin!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BuiuRei wrote:Yeah, Len. IDK if those were for sale or not...
Most of what he forges isn't that odd but I only had those pics from his Facebook profile. Will see if I can get a handle of more.
Hey, he's only going where his heart and mind take him and that's pretty cool all by itself.
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Let the collection begin!
No problem, let me use your credit card! :lol:
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Thought I'd put some color up here- Have a couple projects underway. some of what I'm getting done while not being a slave to the Hunter :D `Just got some nice stabilized/dyed burls from a company that does it like no other. And a pic of my latest Busse, called a Silent Knight - and one of a handle I'm working on for another blade.
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Wow Len, those are sweeeet!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Thought I'd throw a couple new shots up here. The Busse bug has bit pretty hard for my first year. Managed the first dozen the toughest, takes some acclimation to the expense and value side. So, 1 a month isn't too bad for a noob. I have 4 more inbound and the waiting is the hardest part.

Latest arrival was a day short of 8 months but it was a very special project never done before stuffing a .350 thick blade in a resperene-c handle. It's a FFG (full flat grind) Next inbound is a custom shop dagger and 1 of an estimated 30 made, don't really know but they sold out in under 60 seconds.

The HOGB8 Heavy Ordinance Grade Basic 8 "War feather" long clip.

They are meant to be used :D

Family picnic LtoR - Park Ranger - Silent Knight - Flak Jack CG - Team Gemini Special Edition A2 dyed canvas micarta - Custom Shop Snow Hole Flak Jack

Busse Custom Shop Flak Jack - Snow Hole Micarta Probably my most prized piece so far - not many made. Handles are from a long lost piece of vintage linen micarta found in the back of a warehouse. Very cool stuff.

This is what "Scary Sharp" looks like, thought it was a cool pic. First project from my new Edge Pro sharpening machine :D

Team Gemini M SE A2 - NIB

dyed canvas micarta - dk green

And back together - I love this one, came out nice. I Family picnic photo, 2nd from the right is a better look in the sun

Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Neat stuff Len. I bet the wife is happy that you have a hobby.. :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Neat stuff Len.
Thanks Stan
stancomputerhunter wrote: I bet the wife is happy that you have a hobby.. :lol:
Umm... Not exactly :lol: As far as she knows I've only ever been with 3 knives :twisted: ... I don't fool her though, she's pretty sharp. She wisely threw the towel in years ago, not a battle she can win~part of the package :lol:
Spoiler:
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: Radamus That The HOGB8 Heavy Ordinance Grade Basic 8 "War feather" long clip one sweet looking knife.

Unfortunately I do not own any custom or small series knives (with small exception Japanese made SANTOKU - Chef hybrid knife from laminated steel 44 layers around high carbon core made for shorty(um) Germany). Second from my humble collection is well known Ka-Bar USMC combat knife (Classic style). no picture needed because its well known knife. I am carrying daily as multi-purpose knife those dirt cheap Opinel blades (No. 8 Carbon or No. 10 Effile).

Opinel No. 8 Carbone (on picture is Inox/Stainless version):

Opinel No. 10 Effilé Inox Polished:

Both of them are fairly cheap, around 10 USD (15 USd for filleting knife) and those are very easy to maintain.

Material wise i more fan of tradional steel than modern dust-metallurgy steels like AUS 8 and such.

And here is one on my wish-list: SissiPuuko m95

Jack

Return to “The Great Outdoors”