Custom Knives Anyone?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Custom Knives Anyone?

Post by Radamus »

I had the chance to take a family photo of my most special Busse blades as I enter my 3rd year of collecting these special pieces of handcrafted sharpness~ I can remember looking at all his beautiful blades for years and of course being drawn to all those pretty "Custom Shop" blades. The great thing is there's a cool story behind each and every one of them and I wanted to grab a current photo of all my "CS" blades. The opportunity just to be able to buy one doesn't come along often *unless you want to pay stupid prices* so when they do come up for order it's hard to pass up as they are the rarest. Several of these are 1 of 1 handles and were very difficult to acquire but that's another subject :lol:

ImageImage
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

:o :shock: Thousands of dollars right there! Holy crap! Quite the family of Busse's there Rad, b'fore and after pic are pretty cool, no doubt. Very nice. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

One of my latest acquisitions - a one of a kind TGULB Custom Shop with double dyed maple burl and hammered finish "Infi" I won this with a lot of luck and have had to beat them off with a stick wanting me to sell it - Might go with me in the ground :lol:
Also paired with an equally rare and special Scotch, Glenmorangie Signet.

"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That's an awesome looking knife!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:That's an awesome looking knife!
Hey Buddy! Good to see you still hanging out! Hope all is going well for you!
Yes, it's a beauty! Might say it's the prettiest of all! but that's some stiff competition.
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:That's an awesome looking knife!
Hey Buddy! Good to see you still hanging out! Hope all is going well for you!
Yes, it's a beauty! Might say it's the prettiest of all! but that's some stiff competition.
Yeah, I'm still around when I can be! Things are going well! Hopefully the same for you!

That handle is really pretty!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I wanted to share this great leather/snakeskin piece of work. I found this lady who does leather work through a fellow hunter here. So through some conversations I sent this Busse Custom Shop Hog Badger to her and told her to do her thing. I just received this teaser photo this week and I couldn't be happier for the job she did giving my knife some new pants!
So shout out to "Anna's Customs" and thanks to "Splainin2do" for hooking us up to make this piece of beautiful work come to be.

Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

and a new addition to the Busse family - This is a Custom Shop Elmax variation I recently scored in a free for all Ganza. It's paired nicely with an amazing Abelour A'Bunadh batch#68.

Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

And here's another recent acquisition. the 10" "Jack Hammer" with a Cerakote camo finish and Black-n-Tan G10 handles. This has a hollow ground-to-flat profile grind and is a beast as a light chopper. And Cerakote as a blade finish is absolutely indestructible. I stripped a cerakote blade once and it took a week of wet sanding. I swore I'd never strip another.

Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Those knives are beautiful. I’m no knife connosour but I think it would be fun to forge my own knives. Maybe in another life! My thing is tobacco pipes. I’ve been smoking and collecting tobacco pipes for last two decades. Now pipes, I love them but wouldn’t want to create them. Oh the irony!

I’m curious what this individual knives cost you? It sounds like they’re a hot item!

Return to “The Great Outdoors”