Custom Knives Anyone?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Custom Knives Anyone?

Post by Radamus »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Those knives are beautiful. I’m no knife connosour but I think it would be fun to forge my own knives. Maybe in another life! My thing is tobacco pipes. I’ve been smoking and collecting tobacco pipes for last two decades. Now pipes, I love them but wouldn’t want to create them. Oh the irony!

I’m curious what this individual knives cost you? It sounds like they’re a hot item!
Thanks for the compliments, yes they, Busse, are kind of a big deal in the knife world. I have 30 plus pieces from them I'd guess and it's like anything else kind of addicting and not inexpensive. I have knives everywhere from a few hundred dollars to well over a grand with most of them landing in the 5-700 dollar range with the Custom Shop ones being the most expensive. Nice part about them is you don't really lose value and some models can gain a fair amount because Jerry makes them 1 time and that's it, there's a finite amount of them in circulation and with the custom ones a lot of one-of-a-kind pieces.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Another beauty to add to your ever growing collection. Very nice knife. So it is safe to say that bottle of Scotch didn't cost as much as that Busse. :lol: ;) Respect,

BCkidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Just got this little gem today. about 10 days ago Jerry had a blind draw Ganza where at exactly 9:00PM and you had 60 seconds to send in your order for either the #1 or #2 with the #2 being the higher fancy grade of customization. It was a blind draw as all the knives were boxed. When your order pulled you got whatever box the shipping dept put your label on. There was a significant savings incentive as you could save up to $130 with the most expensive level. This is an example of the top end so I rang the bell with my snag.
Couple weeks ago I grabbed one of the lower models that I posted above, the curvy skinner style blade.
I snagged a beauty with this sweet ass "sawback" we call it and the handle is jaw dropping. It's flawless with the finish of blown glass it's so perfect and polished. These are made from Elmax steel and are thin little slicers with a high polish. This handle has some amazing wood with lustrous character. I'm not sure what just yet but I'll find out. I posted a pic on our forum and I hate to guess how many messages I've gotten with some hot offers! :lol: ~ I'm afraid that this one is just too pretty to let go. I had made up my mind if I got a sawback and I didn't like hte handle style I'd trade it to a guy who has become obsessed with sawbacks. But going to have to pass. :D

Oh, he seems to have made friends with a wonderful single malt, Oban Little Bay ~ it's truly a scrumptious delight for Scotch.

So it is safe to say that bottle of Scotch didn't cost as much as that Busse
Well, in this case yes, would be true that Scotch is cheaper hands down. But I have one exception. I have bought 1 bottle of Scotch, a limited edition 18yo that cost me more than that Elmax Custom Shop curvy skinner. Now There's other genetics with Busse. There is also Scrap Yard (SYKCO) and "Swamp Rat" members of the Busse Combat family. Some of them are not too terribly expensive and are true utilitarian focused camp knife styles. Take that bottle of Signet I posted previously, that's about what a Scrap Yard can be. But those use SR101 steel and not Infi, which is for the mot part exclusive the Busse blades.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”