Fishing 2017, What are you catching?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Fishing 2017, What are you catching?

Post by Radamus »

Only in America do you get stories like this, or a story at all :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/01/la ... ugget.html
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Radamus wrote:Only in America do you get stories like this, or a story at all :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/01/la ... ugget.html
Lol.....that was a real Hawg, I mean Hog.

The Bass in my old pond where I lived before used to eat Balogna, Ham, Turkey.. just about anything that was meat.
And the Bluegills ate everything I could toss at them, although they really liked pancakes without syrup & butter......... :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Cartoon Head wrote:What do you guys do with the fish? Eat em? Put them back? Kick em in the face and throw on the bank?
That depends,..
If I'm fishing to catch eaters,. I keep em'
If not they go back in the water.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Depends on the time of year and fish species whether or not I eat them or release them.

That's a great article Len. I know of a guy who had a small bit of tissue removed from his heart, then caught a catfish on it. Pretty crazy. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Depends on the time of year and fish species whether or not I eat them or release them.

That's a great article Len. I know of a guy who had a small bit of tissue removed from his heart, then caught a catfish on it. Pretty crazy. :lol:
That guy never ate at Mcdonald's did he?......... :lol:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

gas56 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Depends on the time of year and fish species whether or not I eat them or release them.

That guy never ate at Mcdonald's did he?......... :lol:
:lol:
I don't know. His name was "Toad" Smith. He was a very well known bowhunter back in the day because of his skill at bowhunting through cornfields.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

We use all kinds of weird baits to catch carp, cat food, dog biscuits, cheese, curried peas, carrots, slugs, mac and cheese I've even caught using a peperami.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Cartoon Head wrote:We use all kinds of weird baits to catch carp, cat food, dog biscuits, cheese, curried peas, carrots, slugs, mac and cheese I've even caught using a peperami.
Lol..yes, you boys over there in the U.K. definitely make carp fishing far more complicated than it needs to be lol.
Myself, I don't keep many fish at all. I'll keep Yellow Perch on occasion, Walleye for sure if catching a bunch, Trout and Salmon..well I don't like the taste of salmon so I give them away but I do keep trout, Bluegills, Crappie, and other panfish now and then, Channel Catfish as well, but others such as Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, Musky, Northern Pike, etc I view as purely gamefish only and will never keep them. I have kept mortally wounded Northern Pike, but that's pretty rare.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Same, only fish I ever took home was a smallish pike that fought a little too hard, my Gran ate it up.

I'm not one of those go fishing for the entire week without going home to catch 1 carp kinda guy, you're right, those guys have overcomplication down to a tee, I wet myself when I see them using remote controll boats to get their rigs and bait out.

Caught a 12lber last week, that was the biggest I have caught in a few years, put my landing net under it, lifted it and my landing net shattered! God knows what I would do if I hooked a 40lber
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:well I don't like the taste of salmon
Chuck, I am going to challenge you to step out of the box and try something- I hate the taste of salmon as well but I was brave and tried some I would order again- Go to Applebee's and get the "Cedar Grilled Salmon" ... dude, you will not know it's salmon I promise.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”