2017/2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Raptor02
Outfitter

Re: 2017/2018

Post by Raptor02 »

CalloftheWild wrote:First Gobbler!
I got it in central Kansas at the end of the youth season.
Sweet! Great job bud. Love to see young hunters carrying on the tradition. My first turkey eluded me till I was 26. And I started hunting them at 12. Nobody would hunt turkey with me anymore because I was such bad luck. A nice gobbler like that is something to be proud of.

Also nice boar Moosehunter! You got them figured out, that’s for sure.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Congrats! My season starts on Monday, and there's over 2 feet of snow in the woods right now. Not really sure what I'm going to do. I doubt it will be gone by the time my season ends on the 3rd.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Congrats! My season starts on Monday, and there's over 2 feet of snow in the woods right now. Not really sure what I'm going to do. I doubt it will be gone by the time my season ends on the 3rd.
Is that shotgun season?
Because our shotgun season starts tomorrow and ends the last day of May.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

CalloftheWild wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Congrats! My season starts on Monday, and there's over 2 feet of snow in the woods right now. Not really sure what I'm going to do. I doubt it will be gone by the time my season ends on the 3rd.
Is that shotgun season?
Because our shotgun season starts tomorrow and ends the last day of May.
I don't think we have a weapon specific season here. I'll be using my longbow for the majority of the season. I messed up the end date. We end on the 6th of may, not the 3rd. It would be nice to have a long season like you have. The snow might be gone by then. Not that I'm complaining about the snow, it's awesome, I just want to be able to hunt thunder chickens :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

Went hunting to Namibia for a few days and had a great Time
I got one Hartebeest Bull, a Warthog and a Jackal

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Congrats Valrag, looks like a good time! I would dearly love to hunt africa.

What kind of rifle & can did you use? I put a suppressor on my 300 win mag but it messed up the barrel harmonics & hurt accuracy so I dont use it anymore.

Valrag
Spotter

Post by Valrag »

SoftShoe wrote:Congrats Valrag, looks like a good time! I would dearly love to hunt africa.

What kind of rifle & can did you use? I put a suppressor on my 300 win mag but it messed up the barrel harmonics & hurt accuracy so I dont use it anymore.
the rifle is a Sauer 202 in .300 Win Mag, and was very accurate and the suppressor was a Moose surpressor. dont know wich one exactly.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Wow. That is really cool. I'd love to hunt plains game sometime.
Waidmannsheil!
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Valrag wrote:Went hunting to Namibia for a few days and had a great Time
I got one Hartebeest Bull, a Warthog and a Jackal
Nice going,.. & nice animals.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Nice animals everyone!

Turkey season ended on the 6th without me ever drawing my bow. It was a rough year considering there was still a foot of snow for the majority of it :lol: I did manage to call in two big toms one morning but they hung up around 50 yards and wouldn't come any farther. Almost called in a coyote too one morning but he circled downwind of me. I guess that's why it's called hunting and not killing. It's always fun :)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”