2016/2017 Hunting and trapping season

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
caliber420
Hunter

Re: 2016/2017 Hunting and trapping season

Post by caliber420 »

Flinter wrote:Been a while since anyone has posted here, but with turkey season less than 2 months away here in PA and already started in other areas, I'm looking forward to reading some success stories. Anyone already bag a thunder chicken this year?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Bout time to start a 2017/2018 thread! My new season opens march 23rd. turkey opens 15th of april.. can't wait to fling arrows at some!
https://www.instagram.com/stubborn_bowhunter/
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Getting excited. After the lull after deer season, I'm always chomping at the bit to get after some turkeys. I'm thinking of changing my set up a bit this year. I generally use my longbow for turkeys, but I'm going to try a shorter 58 inch recurve that I've got in hopes that it's a bit more maneuverable on the ground. Good luck to all the turkey hunters!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Flinter
Scout

Re: RE: Re: 2016/2017 Hunting and trapping season

Post by Flinter »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Getting excited. After the lull after deer season, I'm always chomping at the bit to get after some turkeys. I'm thinking of changing my set up a bit this year. I generally use my longbow for turkeys, but I'm going to try a shorter 58 inch recurve that I've got in hopes that it's a bit more maneuverable on the ground. Good luck to all the turkey hunters!
That's some pretty hard core stuff! I've never attempted to harvest a turkey with a bow, but I think that will change this year. Of course I'm using a compound [emoji38]
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: RE: Re: 2016/2017 Hunting and trapping season

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Flinter wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Getting excited. After the lull after deer season, I'm always chomping at the bit to get after some turkeys. I'm thinking of changing my set up a bit this year. I generally use my longbow for turkeys, but I'm going to try a shorter 58 inch recurve that I've got in hopes that it's a bit more maneuverable on the ground. Good luck to all the turkey hunters!
That's some pretty hard core stuff! I've never attempted to harvest a turkey with a bow, but I think that will change this year. Of course I'm using a compound [emoji38]
Go for it! It's a huge adrenaline rush. Only thing is, it's tough to draw on them without getting spotted. Good luck!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Flinter
Scout

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2016/2017 Hunting and trapping season

Post by Flinter »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Flinter wrote:
Go for it! It's a huge adrenaline rush. Only thing is, it's tough to draw on them without getting spotted. Good luck!
Yea, I'm not sure if I'll try a ground blind for concealment or not. I was considering trying to self film it but idk
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I made a little video with some photos from the reserve.

Concerning hunting, there's not much going on at the moment.
Getting the new rifle ready for roe deer season, though:
6,5x55 Swedish M96 Mauser from 1903
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Nice pictures MooseHunter. What kind of fir trees are those tall ones with the drooping leaves?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

We have a pretty balanced mix of Spruce and Douglas fir.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

MooseHunter330 wrote:We have a pretty balanced mix of Spruce and Douglas fir.
I thought they were Douglas firs. Had no clue they existed outside the US and Canada.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: stancomputerhunter Douglas fir tree were introduced into Central Europe in 2. half of 19. century. Jack

Return to “The Great Outdoors”