Who's getting ready for hunting season in North America (or anywhere for that matter)?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
caliber420
Hunter

Re: Who's getting ready for hunting season in North America (or anywhere for that matter)?

Post by caliber420 »

I got a about 100+ photos of elk on my card right now, mostly bulls. I'll upload a few of my favorites when I get a chance. Just busy getting everything ready for opening day Thursday. Finally got my first bear pics, a cinnamon sow with her cub hustling by the camera. And a few of bulls messing with the camera (always get a bear case if you're gonna leave 100$+ camera in the woods)
https://www.instagram.com/stubborn_bowhunter/
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
willybepop
Hunter

Re: Who's getting ready for hunting season in North America (or anywhere for that matter)?

Post by willybepop »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Willy, that looks like a really big bear. A few years ago lots of guys around where I hunt used feeders. Then the bear population skyrocketed. In one year I heard of eight different feeders being destroyed. Do you bear hunt?

Saw a small bear crossing the powerline the other day. Nowhere near a shooter. I also haven't had a SINGLE legal buck and on my camera in over a month. I'm not really sure what to make of it right now.
I don't bear hunt, not that I wouldn't love to, but that Florida opened bear season for the first time in 30+ years last year and they decided not to open it again this year. Lot of controversy.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

willybepop wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Willy, that looks like a really big bear. A few years ago lots of guys around where I hunt used feeders. Then the bear population skyrocketed. In one year I heard of eight different feeders being destroyed. Do you bear hunt?

Saw a small bear crossing the powerline the other day. Nowhere near a shooter. I also haven't had a SINGLE legal buck and on my camera in over a month. I'm not really sure what to make of it right now.
I don't bear hunt, not that I wouldn't love to, but that Florida opened bear season for the first time in 30+ years last year and they decided not to open it again this year. Lot of controversy.
It's a ton of fun. Way more enjoyable than deer hunting in my opinion. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend a trip to Canada. I've had some great trips up there with my dad and uncle. Fish all day and then hunt bears in the evening.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Wow with that you would never get bored

Return to “The Great Outdoors”