Critters in my yard - some new ones

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Critters in my yard - some new ones

Post by Radamus »

Here's the twins under the linden tree - middle of the day- it's become a favorite shade tree for them

Literally 5m from bedroom window - This one is a only child to one mamma, "Curious George" - will be a buck maybe, kind of ballsy so far.

4 of 6 bucks posing at the salt block earlier this spring - no wall hangers from these.

Lastly - Just so you know what a 68+ Tom looks like

Don't be fooled by his friends - Big boy is unique

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Critters in my yard - some new ones

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Nice pictures. I would be really happy with that buck second from the left. Send him this way.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fantastic pictures and yard!
Omg, that tom! EW really must revamp the turkey; please, pretty please!
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Very nice pictures. And as i told before, you live in peaceful place Len.
I love those twins. :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

So, um, hey buddy. If you need someone to get rid of those pesky trespassers, just let me know. I can make a drive from Florida to Ohio. :)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

BuiuRei wrote:Fantastic pictures and yard!
Omg, that tom! EW really must revamp the turkey; please, pretty please!
Doesn't that tom just make you drool! In the other picture there are 12 toms - look at the others- they're heads do not have all that color and they are smaller. This must be old one I do know he is the dominant male. He has been hanging out for a few years. Last fall I took picture of him with zoom lens out in field with half dozen hens following him - he was strutting his stuff and the sun hit him just right and the iridescent colors were just an explosion of blues/greens/aqua's/browns and silver shimmer. The coloring and shine is very similar to colorful birds like peacock or pheasant. The other males in that group have grayish brown heads, very nondescript. I have seen this one with beard dragging ground before. There is one with double beard and one touches the ground but unlike in the game they are one on top of the other not a Colonel Sanders bow tie.
HOSSEIN.D wrote:Very nice pictures. And as i told before, you live in peaceful place Len.
I love those twins. :)
The twins are like watching a miracle- We have twins at least one pair every year. Sometimes 2 sets and even triplets. This year looks like 1 set and 1 single. i am pretty sure I have at least 3 generations in yard at same time. We seem them every day. They are in back yard right now eating corn we put in horse buckets then they go have a drink from birdbath. This time of year now that mom is bringing them out in the open they develop independence come and go as they like. This is when they are so funny running around jumping and playing together. They are like any babies, get into things, have mom chasing after them and stomping ground and bleating at them to behave, they don't listen :lol:
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Nice pics Radamus. Thank you. Very nice.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:Nice pics Radamus. Thank you. Very nice.
Thanks! and glad it's enjoyed. It's a treat to enjoy it for sure. It's the trade off for my crappy net speed I guess.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:It's a treat to enjoy it for sure. It's the trade off for my crappy net speed I guess.
It definitely is, Len - beautiful pictures! Looks like you live in a place where I would spent my holidays...
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Nice turkeys! Are you saying there can be more than 6 of them in a flock? :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”