How to handle Tresspassing

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Mr. Laurel
Scout

How to handle Tresspassing

Post by Mr. Laurel »

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: How to handle Tresspassing

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

That might work. Sometimes we'll catch them on our property, give them a warning, and they don't usually come back.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BBDark

Post by BBDark »

What does a sign do that a locked door doesn't? :roll: I have a 65 lbs lab mix that provides the warning in my house. Anyone that ignores that warning will be met by force. I have a wife and 3 sons, and they will ALWAYS be more important than a CRIMINAL to me.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

hard to lock a door on an open plot of land you own. ive never owned or used a trail cam but i know of a few guys that do. and they have said that a draw back is someone can steal it and all the data its collected. but tbh they arnt huge in the uk and i guess most people dont know what they are even when they see them.

as for theft and burglars in general. i find its usually lads in their early 20s just being desperate. slap them about a bit and they wont come back. i think the whole home defence firearm and shooting intruders to kill is way to excessive.
i dont think crime rate goes down,it just ups the anti. you have a gun they bring a gun.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I usually just carry a large knife around when I'm outside :D
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
BBDark

Post by BBDark »

L3M182 wrote:hard to lock a door on an open plot of land you own. ive never owned or used a trail cam but i know of a few guys that do. and they have said that a draw back is someone can steal it and all the data its collected. but tbh they arnt huge in the uk and i guess most people dont know what they are even when they see them.

as for theft and burglars in general. i find its usually lads in their early 20s just being desperate. slap them about a bit and they wont come back. i think the whole home defence firearm and shooting intruders to kill is way to excessive.
i dont think crime rate goes down,it just ups the anti. you have a gun they bring a gun.
That doesn't change the fact that signs and locks are for honest people. Trespassing on a big piece of property usually only deserves a warning. Rock salt out of a shotgun is effective for this, however a home break in is MUCH different especially when it's occupied. If anyone is willing to break into a house that is obviously occupied then whatever happens is their own fault. Especially with a big dog inside. Nobody I know, including myself, leaves a big dog inside an unoccupied house for days at a time. A dog barking screams occupied home.

Feeling that shooting someone is excessive is just that; a FEELING. It's not a FACT. The truth is you have NO idea what a criminals justification is for breaking into your home, you have no idea how many of them there will be, AND you have no idea what they'll be armed with. If you, I, or anyone else who's home is going to be broken into knew those things, THEN we wouldn't be home and would have the police already there. And yes actually being Armed, at least in the USA, does lead to lower crime rates. Being unarmed and unable to defend oneself NEVER works out for the VICTIM.

That being said crime actually isn't that bad in the USA. I know people overseas, I was stationed in Germany, often get the wrong idea about how things really are. Outside of poor neighborhoods in urban areas crime is pretty low, which is no different than in European countries. Much of our crime is committed by a minority of our population, and if you avoid them you're extremely safe.

However I have full coverage car insurance and health insurance regardless of what the likelihood of needing them is. I actually calculated what my auto insurance has cost me since 2002 when I graduated high school and started paying my bills, and it was over 30,000$ last year. That's enough to BUY a decent brand new car, and a very nice used car. So less than 1,000$ spent on a firearm that can prevent the injury of my sons and wife is CHEAP, especially considering that it's a one time payment and I can sell it for about what I paid. Begging the Government to use the best tool that's been invented for self defense is just NUTS.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

BBDark wrote:
L3M182 wrote:hard to lock a door on an open plot of land you own. ive never owned or used a trail cam but i know of a few guys that do. and they have said that a draw back is someone can steal it and all the data its collected. but tbh they arnt huge in the uk and i guess most people dont know what they are even when they see them.

That doesn't change the fact that signs and locks are for honest people. Trespassing on a big piece of property usually only deserves a warning. Rock salt out of a shotgun is effective for this, however a home break in is MUCH different especially when it's occupied. If anyone is willing to break into a house that is obviously occupied then whatever happens is their own fault. Especially with a big dog inside. Nobody I know, including myself, leaves a big dog inside an unoccupied house for days at a time. A dog barking screams occupied home.

Feeling that shooting someone is excessive is just that; a FEELING. It's not a FACT. The truth is you have NO idea what a criminals justification is for breaking into your home, you have no idea how many of them there will be, AND you have no idea what they'll be armed with. If you, I, or anyone else who's home is going to be broken into knew those things, THEN we wouldn't be home and would have the police already there. And yes actually being Armed, at least in the USA, does lead to lower crime rates. Being unarmed and unable to defend oneself NEVER works out for the VICTIM.

That being said crime actually isn't that bad in the USA. I know people overseas, I was stationed in Germany, often get the wrong idea about how things really are. Outside of poor neighborhoods in urban areas crime is pretty low, which is no different than in European countries. Much of our crime is committed by a minority of our population, and if you avoid them you're extremely safe.

However I have full coverage car insurance and health insurance regardless of what the likelihood of needing them is. I actually calculated what my auto insurance has cost me since 2002 when I graduated high school and started paying my bills, and it was over 30,000$ last year. That's enough to BUY a decent brand new car, and a very nice used car. So less than 1,000$ spent on a firearm that can prevent the injury of my sons and wife is CHEAP, especially considering that it's a one time payment and I can sell it for about what I paid. Begging the Government to use the best tool that's been invented for self defense is just NUTS.

you kinda glossed over everything i said. It stands to reason if a desperate guy is gonna do a B&E hes still gonna be desperate if theirs a higher chance of coming into contact with an armed householder. all hes gonna do is level the odds so now hes an armed desperate guy. i dont want to go into the whole gun law argument right now as its very sensitive in the US at this time and i dont wish to upset or argue with anyone but statistics show that something is drastically wrong ATM. guns are instruments that can take life with frighting ease and should never be seen as a given right they should be granted responsibly as privilege.and that should be the case the world over
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Hi!

I cleaned up the thread a bit (was getting pretty heated), and I'd like to post a nice reminder to everyone here to keep personal attacks out of the discussion. :)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!

Return to “The Great Outdoors”