Where do you hunt? Photos, Stories, other stuff!

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Where do you hunt? Photos, Stories, other stuff!

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I love the idea of this topic. :)
Ok, so I hunt mainly in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan, with occasional trips to the upper peninsula and Canada. The area that I hunt is hardwood forests with large cedar swamps, oak ridges, berry thickets, and numerous lakes and rivers. The woods are full of whitetail, elk, coyote, turkey, the occasional bear, bobcat, Lynx, Martin, beaver, etc. As long as I can remember I've been going into the woods with my grandpa or dad, and later on by myself. These woods are like a second home to me. It's where I spend almost every free moment that I get. I'm having trouble finding just pictures of the woods, but I've got a few. I hope you guys enjoy.

Here is a picture of a small lake, we call them sinkholes here, that I fish in. Many times I've found herds of elk drinking here.

Earlier this year during the summer I went back to check my trail camera. When I was about 100 yards away, I heard some huge crashes and breaking branches. I never saw anything, and switched cards in the camera. That night, when I put it into my computer, this is what I found was there three minutes before me.

This is a nice buck that I was lucky enough to tag during this years firearm season. The rest of the story behind the buck is in the hunting highlights topic. I called my dad, who was with my little brother on a different piece of public land, and hey came to help drag it out.

I've got tons of stories and memories associated with the woods that I hunt in. I'll keep looking for more pics and get some more stories written down. :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

I love that top pic that scenery is beautiful.
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Thanks. I've spent some incredible evenings there in the fall watching and listening to bulls bugling, and warm summer evenings catching fish and listening to bull frogs and tree frogs.
I'll look for some more pics and get them up here. :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Went for another walk today :)
With a better camera and good weather.
Focused it a bit more on rivers and creeks.
The creek is named "Otterbach" which roughly translates to "Otter creek"
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Removed the video because of the GEMA.
I don´t want no corporate sumb*tch to exploit you guys.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Here are a few more. This is one of my favorite spots to hunt during the rut. The Bucks work the edge of this clear cut, scent checking does and working their scrape lines. I've had some good success here in the past. This particular hunt I got nothing, but my uncle who was hunting about 200 yards away shot a decent 8 point.

Here's a picture of a bull elk that came out across a clear cut from me. Sorry for the grainy photo, all I had was a trac phone camera. He was chasing cows and small bulls all evening. It was awesome to sit and watch him, as well as listen to the Bulls bugling in the surrounding woods.

I love this picture. It was taken on the very last day of rifle season. I shot a doe which conveniently died on the train tracks. As you can see, it was snowing hard. My dad took this picture of my younger brother and I dragging the deer out.

MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

The comfortable game animal is also known here :)
My dad once shot a wild boar of approximately 175kg. The thing still is the biggest one around these
parts. He shot it with a .30-06 Mannlicher Carbine. The first shot went through the shoulder blade into the lungs and
the second shot went into the heart. He already worried about dragging it up a steep slope, but it died right beside the road.
I think I have a pic of it with little MooseHunter :lol:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

If you post a pic of little MooseHunter, I'll post a pic of little InstinctiveArcher. :lol:

MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Well, NOW the video is up. GEMA is gettin´ none of that.
Last edited by MooseHunter330 on April 8th, 2016, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

It won't let me watch it.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”