Bow Building

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Bow Building

Post by Radamus »

Look at the POP! on that zebra wood! Yeah Baby! Nice!!!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:Look at the POP! on that zebra wood! Yeah Baby! Nice!!!
Thanks! I'm really happy with the zebrawood. I was worried that it would just look like maple with dark stripes, but it's all pretty dark. Plus I think the stripes going at different angles will work sort of like a natural camouflage.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Forgot to mention that this year our school is hosting the regional wood working competition. I'm hoping that some other people built bows and that we can find some time to shoot them before or after the show.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Took first at regionals. On to states! I'm hoping to do a bit better this year than with the Heavy Recurve. It's incredible walking around the show and seeing the projects and the detail that goes into them. My buddy took best in show with his canoe, which was really cool.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Very nice Trenton! Very nice indeed! Congratulations from the backwoods of Alberta! Here's hoping you go all the way this year, but as I'm sure you've realized by now, there's so much more to it than just winning. Nicely done!

Please keep us virtual hunters updated, we live for good news like this from the outside world. ;) :lol: I look forward to killing my first Dall Sheep with it when EW gets their ducks in a row.... :D
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

JimboCrow wrote:Very nice Trenton! Very nice indeed! Congratulations from the backwoods of Alberta! Here's hoping you go all the way this year, but as I'm sure you've realized by now, there's so much more to it than just winning. Nicely done!

Please keep us virtual hunters updated, we live for good news like this from the outside world. ;) :lol: I look forward to killing my first Dall Sheep with it when EW gets their ducks in a row.... :D
Thanks Jim. Yes, it is absolutely more than just winning. I get way more satisfaction from watching my arrows fly though the air then seeing a blue ribbon pinned on a plaque. I'll let you know what happens at states though.

I like your signature :lol:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Congrats Trenton. :) I have the biggest respect for such skilled craftsmanship! (I barely manage to put a nail straight into a wall. :oops: )
Image Image Image
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Congrats Trenton. :) I have the biggest respect for such skilled craftsmanship! (I barely manage to put a nail straight into a wall. :oops: )
You are funny Marc! :lol: :lol: If you have trouble hammering the nail straight into the wall you just need a bigger hammer head. :lol:

And congratulation Trenton! It must be so rewarding to see all the hard work you put into something come to the surface. Wishing you the best of luck in the finals! ;)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Thanks guys.
Marc, I've never been able to put a nail in straight. I always bend them or put them in crooked. I've switched to screws :lol:

Thanks Walt. It's rewarding, but I wish that I hadn't gotten first. Now I'm going to state competition, but I just want my bow back so I can shoot it :lol:

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Just got an email from my shop teacher. I was unable to make it to state competition this year so I told him to let me know what happened. My bow took 6th overall. I'm really happy with this. Much better than my 11th last year :)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”