New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 732
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby Nathan112244 » January 11th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Idk if everybody has seen, but we have a new world record for a Hunter Harvested whitetail, 3 inches off the Missouri Monarch which was found dead not killed


Non-typical Record:
St. Louis County, MO
Found dead
"Missouri Monarch" Record since 1981
Score: 333 7/8

Image



New Record:
Illinois
Harvested Nov 2nd, 2018 By: Luke Brewster
"Mufasa"
Score: 320 5/8 NET, 330 0/8 Gross

Image
User avatar
Radamus
Master Hunter
Posts: 7629
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 7:05 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby Radamus » January 12th, 2019, 1:26 pm

That's really cool! I love it when records are broken but I also really like the fact it wasn't a "find" like several of the other famous ones.
Spoiler:
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 732
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby Nathan112244 » January 12th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Radamus wrote:That's really cool! I love it when records are broken but I also really like the fact it wasn't a "find" like several of the other famous ones.


Yeah, and ontop of that it was a bowhunter that got it, not someone with a rifle.
User avatar
Radamus
Master Hunter
Posts: 7629
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 7:05 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby Radamus » January 12th, 2019, 5:30 pm

I saw that! I looked it up and saw some other photos of it and I did get a kick out of the fact he shot it with a boW that does make it extra awesome!
Spoiler:
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1861
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: Foothills of the Real Canadian Rockies.

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby JimboCrow » January 12th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Radamus wrote:I saw that! I looked it up and saw some other photos of it and I did get a kick out of the fact he shot it with a boW that does make it extra awesome!

The guy had to be shaking like a leaf. Adrenaline must have been pounding through his veins. "Just breathe...." :shock:
User avatar
Nathan112244
Hunter
Posts: 732
Joined: February 23rd, 2018, 8:14 pm
Location: Somewhere up in the great white north eh

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby Nathan112244 » January 12th, 2019, 7:17 pm

JimboCrow wrote:
Radamus wrote:I saw that! I looked it up and saw some other photos of it and I did get a kick out of the fact he shot it with a boW that does make it extra awesome!

The guy had to be shaking like a leaf. Adrenaline must have been pounding through his veins. "Just breathe...." :shock:


He even posted trail cam pics of it the year before and it looks like the rack doubled. It got much larger between last year and this year.
This would have me shaking like a leaf.. and to think, this very same buck in 1 year would look like this(pic below)
That pic is the morning of the day eh harvested it

Image

Image
User avatar
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter
Posts: 4477
Joined: May 2nd, 2015, 10:57 am

Re: New World Record NT Whitetail (Hunter Harvested)

Postby InstinctiveArcher » January 12th, 2019, 11:26 pm

Dang that's insane! Congrats to him!
I thought someone just killed a world record two years ago in Kentucky or Tennessee?
Image

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “The Great Outdoors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest