Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Post by OldMtnMan »

I spent 3K for a new gaming system to play WOTH and the coming UL. I get stutters in WOTH and I can't play with stutters. It drives me crazy. It's the only game I get stutters. The problem is in WOTH not my system. They don't seem to make any effort to fix it, or they don't know how. The problem seems to be with the 3000 series Nvidia cards. If they aren't going to even try to fix it they should give a refund. Fat chance for that.

I'm hoping UL will be better. Meanwhile, i'm ok with hunting in Classic.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

OldMtnMan wrote:I spent 3K for a new gaming system to play WOTH and the coming UL. I get stutters in WOTH and I can't play with stutters. It drives me crazy. It's the only game I get stutters. The problem is in WOTH not my system. They don't seem to make any effort to fix it, or they don't know how. The problem seems to be with the 3000 series Nvidia cards. If they aren't going to even try to fix it they should give a refund. Fat chance for that.

I'm hoping UL will be better. Meanwhile, i'm ok with hunting in Classic.
what spec is the pc and what res are you playing at ?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

5900x, 3080 FE. 32gb ram etc. I play at 2640x1440. Built by Maingear.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

OldMtnMan wrote:5900x, 3080 FE. 32gb ram etc. I play at 2640x1440. Built by Maingear.

yeah that should be fine. good high spec. you dont have vsync on do you ? whats your refresh rate for monitor and in nvidia control panel ?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

No, never use vsync. Monitor is 144-165Hz. In Nvidia I use the highest refresh rate setting. Although i've tried everything. I've also tried locking fps from 60fps to 150fps in 10fps jumps. 60fps seems to have less stutters, so I leave it there. Other than stutters, I didn't see any difference in any of the fps settings. In performance or looks. FPS are overrated. However, if a controller is used like a joystick or wheel than higher fps is smoother. Using a mouse and keyboard doesn't seem to matter at hunting game speeds.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

necrobump. I guess nobody run this any longer? I have been away for a lot of months. Tried it yesterday to see what happened. There is a new reserve aurora but initial reaction is it look just like the previous ones... It also still seem very hardcore. There is a new crossbow but everybody spots me crouching when I get closer then 175 metres? Tbh I am now a very much casual hunter I don´t have the energy or time to go all in.

Visuals looks very indie to the point I kind of thing classic looks better? Or it´s just that I kind of expect more of a modern game I don´t know but its kind of dry. Call of the wild also haven´t aged well and now also looks worse then classic so I don´t know what happens with my brain ;). The textures in classic just seem higher res and there is better clarity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I reinstalled the game to look at the new area. Very wide and open. Found some of the new caribous. Liked the looks of it all, except that the water is at a very wrong scale still. Looks like the waves and everything is 10x too large and you are looking into a water bucket with a miniature world surrounding it.

Went prone on a light slope to shoot the rifle but was staring into the ground. I could not aim up enough to shoot the animal so had to crouch. Gotta love artificial limitations with no reason.

Shot the crossbow a few times over what I thought was the correct distance setting (~50m) and have no idea where the arrows went. Apparently I missed them all.

Quit and uninstalled again. Not sure what would take me back.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I played it again yesterday, still went to Nez Perce though as I still have missions to do there and places to unlock. Played for about three hours and killed about five deer. I like the game but still compare it more to real hunting-- a whole lot of walking without hearing or seeing anything most of the time. It's fun when you find critters, not so much when you've been crouch walking through the woods for a half hour seeing nothing then suddenly all you hear is the crashing of everything running away.

I still have an issue where animals seem to flee from >100-150m while I have the wind in my favor, they were never initially spooked, I literally have a mountain between me and them and I'm crawling prone. I've read the difficulties seem messed up, that normal is hard and hard is normal, so maybe I'll play with the difficulty next time.

I also had the odd aiming issues on uneven ground, and my gun getting stuck in a.... melee position? after shooting. Those were the only bugs I encountered though.

Still not a bad game. Just a little too realistic to be "fun" for a player who is only playing a limited amount of time, as it is slow going. I still plan to launch it every now and then.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The problem is the devs think animals spooking from long distances makes it have more realism. It's not true. Spooking from long distances is no better than spooking from too short a distance.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I don't think Woth is bad and I'm getting along quite well with the stop and go tactic.

I play all 3 games, but Classic the least often. What I really miss are new maps. That would bring a lot of veterans back into the game.
The same goes for team competitions. That would trigger a little new hype.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”