Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Post by OldMtnMan »

They're description.

"Take on the role of a highly experienced ethical hunter as he is tasked with taking over the family business of selling high-quality game meat. "

Lets see if they know what ethical means.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

OldMtnMan wrote:Price is out.

$39.99
Could you share where you saw that pls, ty.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

The only site I could find a price for Way of the hunter, is a preorder here:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/way-of-the-hunter-2882320
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

OldMtnMan wrote:Here's the same guy who is doing weekly updates for Ultimate Hunting. He just started doing it for Way of the Hunter too.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0qa8lStwnk
I also think that those white mountain goats from the launch trailer, look like they're on steroids. Anyways this ain't a big issue as long as they "behave" right and they ain't clumsy.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I got the price from the link I posted. Here's the link again. It's at 3:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-iLMv ... 0qa8lStwnk

$39.99 is a pretty good price. It won't be bad if we don't have to buy anything else and all content is available to us with no more charge.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

FullDiesel wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Here's the same guy who is doing weekly updates for Ultimate Hunting. He just started doing it for Way of the Hunter too.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0qa8lStwnk
I also think that those white mountain goats from the launch trailer, look like they're on steroids. Anyways this ain't a big issue as long as they "behave" right and they ain't clumsy.
Yeah, i'm not too thrilled with the look of some animals. The elk look good except for the antlers. I've never seen a 5x5 with such small antlers. I can live with it if he acts like an elk. Trophies are low on my list.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

Thanks FD & OMM. Wanted to see it, not just hear it.
A reasonable price for me.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Way of Hunting - New game coming

Post by knott »

BojanPanic14 wrote:
knott wrote:Also hope its not like the hunter
classic or COTW? the classic for now is the best for artificial intelligence, on COTW to me the animals continue to look like robots
Both. I almost choked when you said classic is the best for artificial intelligence. I have since long predicted the movements of animals in classic. COTW had some more animations and more realistic animal behaviour but well I do hope it can be done even better :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I just noticed something. Look at when the scope is being held on the elk. Very little movement. I sure hope so.

For those who shoots real guns like me. Do you have as much movement as they put in this game and especially in COTW? I sure don't. Hopefully, they won't do that in Way or the Hunter and Ultimate Hunting.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

I just hope they'll release a demo, or else I'll have to watch a lot of in game videos after it's released.

The thing with presentation videos is they are meant for you to make a general idea: how the environments will look, animals etc. but the more interesting details you'll only find out after the game is released.

You are right with the scope movement, it shouldn't be like the main character has parkinson (I mean no offence, just a joke), but than again you don't know if there will be a leveling system or something for weapons, like in THC where at the lowest level you can barely aim.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”