Windows 11

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Windows 11

Post by OldMtnMan »

BCKIdd..........This is my booster. I already had the first two shots that you're getting now. All I got from the first two shots were a sore arm and my heart speeded u a little bit the first day. Nothing after that.

I just got the booster shot and all is ok so far.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:BCKIdd..........This is my booster. I already had the first two shots that you're getting now. All I got from the first two shots were a sore arm and my heart speeded u a little bit the first day. Nothing after that.

I just got the booster shot and all is ok so far.
Ah, I see. I thought it was jus' your second shot. I sure felt crappy from my 2nd. What a thing this COVID is eh? There are a lot of folks in Canada that haven't even gotten their first- silly Canucks. When their children were young they had them inoculated against measles and such, but don't seem to think COVID vaccines are necessary... I shake my head at them. Fools. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

A lot of dumb people in this world.

Gasping for air is not a good way to die.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

So if someone doesn't agree with you they are stupid? :o
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

No, they're stupid when they do something stupid.

I go with the majority of the population and doctors as to whether not getting the vaccine shots is stupid.
Last edited by OldMtnMan on October 14th, 2021, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Let's not start a debate- over vaccinations. I was simply stating that I have mine, but a lot of Canadian's don't/won't get vaccinated. Some will get inoculated and some won't- some have their reasons not to get it, and some have their reasons to get it. To each his own, I reckon. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Fletchette wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:I can play any game on my rig but it seems my CPU (not tested as compatible despite being just as fast as newer CPUs (with less cores)) and motherboard (mobo has TPM header but seems bios will only run TPM 1.2 and 2.0 is required) are too old for windows 11. Ridiculous. Certainly not spending $700+ for CPU/Mobo/Ram upgrade just to run it. :?
Mine too, but there are already ways to get around the restrictions. One current method is to use the Windows 10 installer to install Windows 11. The "checks" are done by the installer, and the Windows 10 installer doesn't do the checks, so it just goes ahead and installs Windows 11 with no problems. There are already several videos on YouTube showing how to do it, and it only takes a few extra minutes. No one is sure if MicroNazi will eventually stop this from working, or if you'll have to do it again when they release major updates (features) in the future.

Mine fails 3 tests.

No secure boot...
No TPM 2.0....
Incompatible CPU....Which is shocking since my CPU is an i7-5960 Extreme, which even though it's 6-7 years old, is still a monster with 8 physical and 16 logical cores running at 4.4 GHz. It was Intel's top of the line back then, and cost $1000 if I recall.

But as others have said, it's probably best to wait several months before even trying 11 out, so the bleeding edge folks can work out the kinks and all the various drivers can get updated.
Rufus software has an option to remove any restriction from the usb bootable iso. On YT you can see Win 11 run fluently on 15 years old PCs with mechanical HD too. TPM and secure boot are usual craps restrictions designed to sell new HW.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Whatever you do dont go buying a new computer that is still using windows 10. Wait for the win 11 installed units to come on the market. Even at heavily discounted prices you will need to ensure the win 10 computer is win 11 compatible before you take it out of the shop, that entails starting and running it, something most retailers would be reluctant to allow.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Does anyone here know if it is possible to Transfer my "Steam Games" theHunter Classic and COTW from one computer to a new one, without having to download them again? If so what might the process be? Could I simply transfer the game and folders from my current PC? :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BCKidd wrote:Does anyone here know if it is possible to Transfer my "Steam Games" theHunter Classic and COTW from one computer to a new one, without having to download them again? If so what might the process be? Could I simply transfer the game and folders from my current PC? :? Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Looks like you can.... https://www.ozarc.games/how-to-move-ste ... -computer/
Personal Bests...

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”