Windows 11

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
BCKidd

Re: Windows 11

Post by BCKidd »

JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:It hasn't been offered to me yet. I did see if my system will run it and it passed. I need to read a lot more reviews before I try it. If I ever do. No problems with what I have now.

What made you try it?
I haven't tried it yet. Since my system hasn't got some requirements, unless I buy a new PC, chances are I'll stick with Windows 10- until Mr. Microsoft decides to stop supporting 10. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
I downloaded it today and am about to play the game to see if there are any differences. Seems snappier in menus etc. for sure, and looks good too, but the proof is in the pudding: we shall see if there is anything worth swallowing. I don't think it will make much difference in this game, but new games will supposedly see a boost, so it might be good for COTW fans.
Hey, Jimbo- any difference in theHunter game play? As others have mentioned altho' our PC's ain't that old, mine is like two years old with Ryzen 3- which by now has Ryzen infinity. But, it still failed the compatibility to switch over. Went ahead and ordered an new PC with window pro 11 and a GTX 1660 Super, that is the best thing about it, maybe it'll be better than the 950 GTX I currently have, I dunno... I just hope all my Installation disks for windows office 2003, and all the other crap will work on 11, or I'll need a whole new word program. :roll: Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

BCKidd wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
I haven't tried it yet. Since my system hasn't got some requirements, unless I buy a new PC, chances are I'll stick with Windows 10- until Mr. Microsoft decides to stop supporting 10. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
I downloaded it today and am about to play the game to see if there are any differences. Seems snappier in menus etc. for sure, and looks good too, but the proof is in the pudding: we shall see if there is anything worth swallowing. I don't think it will make much difference in this game, but new games will supposedly see a boost, so it might be good for COTW fans.
Hey, Jimbo- any difference in theHunter game play? As others have mentioned altho' our PC's ain't that old, mine is like two years old with Ryzen 3- which by now has Ryzen infinity. But, it still failed the compatibility to switch over. Went ahead and ordered an new PC with window pro 11 and a GTX 1660 Super, that is the best thing about it, maybe it'll be better than the 950 GTX I currently have, I dunno... I just hope all my Installation disks for windows office 2003, and all the other crap will work on 11, or I'll need a whole new word program. :roll: Respectfully,

BCKidd.
I used to pay for an annual office subscription when I was still working as that is what I used at work and I need direct compatibility at home to work from home as well (only because I also worked in the back end visual basic included in office). No longer needing that a free open source office such as LibreOffice does the job just as well.

I currently have the base 1660, the super is a small step up. Certainly an notable improvement on the 950.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I'll have to have a look at LibreOffice, if I can't get word 2003 to install when the new PC comes in. Thanks for sharing the link. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Have the same problem with 3 failures. But I'm really hacked that when W10 came out the message was that there would not be another OS, just upgrades to the new W10 System.
So it looks like I need a new CPU and will have to go in and tweak the Bios to get the other two requirements running.
Not worried about word programs, I also run Office 2003 with all compatibility updates but also have Open Word, which handles all the latest office programs anyway, and if you use open office you can convert to any other office program before you send it off. And its totally FREE.
But anyway, Im 72 years old so it may be that MY systems may crash before the cut off date anyway. Lets just wait and see.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

We still have 4 years that Win 10 will be supported. After that, we can still use Win 10. It just won't get any updates.

So, no need to panic right now. Unless you're the type that has to have the latest. I'm not. I like old stuff.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

It doesn't like my R5 1600. Otherwise, I'm good.
I'm not so eager to get it, but it will eventually happen, because I like to poke around with things too much for my own good.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:We still have 4 years that Win 10 will be supported. After that, we can still use Win 10. It just won't get any updates.

So, no need to panic right now. Unless you're the type that has to have the latest. I'm not. I like old stuff.
The thing is what I do for a living, I need to have things that work with all the other new this, that, and the other thing. Otherwise I would stick with 10 too. I don't have time to mess around and hope something works with the other thing. If you know what I mean. Plus I'm rather unsavvy regarding BIOS and anything computer wise- to save myself grief and disappointment later on down the line, if it doesn't work with everything else it isn't any good for me. I too thought windows 10 was the last OS and that Mr. Microsoft and his crew of money grabbers- would only be making updates for 10. But, no, they need to go and throw a wrench into it all and come out with windows 11. Sigh. I'll probably hate it as much as I did 10 when it first came out... :roll: ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, that makes sense. I'd get it too if my system qualified. Since it's free. I'm surprised it doesn't. It's not that old. I'm not going to spend any money just to get Win 11. I'll wait until my system dies and update with all new stuff. Providing i'm still breathing. :o

I'm getting my covid booster today. (just in case)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

OldMtnMan wrote:Ok, that makes sense. I'd get it too if my system qualified. Since it's free. I'm surprised it doesn't. It's not that old. I'm not going to spend any money just to get Win 11. I'll wait until my system dies and update with all new stuff. Providing i'm still breathing. :o

Good for you! Stay healthy!
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BuiuRei wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Ok, that makes sense. I'd get it too if my system qualified. Since it's free. I'm surprised it doesn't. It's not that old. I'm not going to spend any money just to get Win 11. I'll wait until my system dies and update with all new stuff. Providing i'm still breathing. :o

Good for you! Stay healthy!
Yes, indeed- good for you. I had my second shot last week, it hit me like a ton of bricks and almost laid me up for two days. I feel fine now tho', so, be prepared you might feel sickly for a day or two. But, it'll pass. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”