Open Country Coming soon

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ShaneRoach
Spotter

Re: Open Country Coming soon

Post by ShaneRoach »

HooCairs wrote:
Brutus969 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Will check the user ratings after release.
With classic's 51% positive ratings how can you trust any ratings :D
The 51% is still a legacy from the membership model and is detrimental to the game. The most recent rating is 73% which says much more about the actual game.
I JUST got CotW and this company is just in love with making things overly expensive that don't add a lot of value to the game. I very nearly did not buy CotW because of the reviews on the ATV coupled with the long history of Classic's rent model and even FTP Classic seeming to be built from the ground up to annoy you into paying real money for in game perks.

It is almost like getting slapped across the face when comapanies use this sort of mindset with their DLC or FTP marketing. Most of us have a pretty good understanding of code.......... This would not be the only set of games that had their ratings dragged through the mud for such behavior either. People hate DLC like that. hate.... And no one wants to feel like their progress in a GAME is largely predicated on throwing money at it.

Still, I finally broke down and got CotW... and it is fun, I have to admit. I just wish DLC was all new content and not nonsense like guns. All added guns should be free DLC and bought with in game money, and this is just kind of transparent DLC 101 stuff if what you want is a happy customer.

And I mean I LOOOOVE the idea of DLC hunting reserves. That is exactly how DLC ought to work. But tents? Bows? Guns? A single vehicle. I mean, a SINGLE vehicle?

I'm not the only one folks. I'm just one of the type that is happy to tell you over and over...... I'll try to keep it down here on the forums, but yeeeesh.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

The thing with COTW is that the DLC is really inexpensive (and the core game too) during the Steam sales. I bought a bunch of the DLC during sales to get tents, and guns, and goose-hunting-stuffs, and ATV's and on and on, and it all kinda lost value for me. I got my guy to fairly high level, and then lost the motivation to continue, cause he had all he needed (except Diamonds, of course!). The thing that really killed COTW for me was 'resetting' the animal population to fix the problem where geese stop spawning. Once you 'reset' you pretty much immediately start seeing mythical animals cross your path.

So Classic is good for me so that I can 'earn' my items by earning GM's, and I can't mess with the spawn files! :P
ShaneRoach
Spotter

Post by ShaneRoach »

I had a buddy in college whose only goal in games was to mess with the files and cheat. I mean I knew how to do it, but the point is what? I mean it ruins the game for me....

Modding. That is the legit use of changing game files.

I'll have to check into that whole geese spawn issue. So far I am still in the early stages of Africa. I just went straight to Africa. Wanted me an elephant. Apparently that is something you get to do after completing some missions....
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

First Mission for the Africa reserve: Harvest an Elephant using the .243 from 250m, in the area around Lake OhNoYouCant.

heh

Try the missions in Layton Lakes. Can you say EPIC TROLL missions? My favorite was the mission to harvest a blacktail from 200m in a small area where they don't spawn and rarely wander through. God that mission took me weeks
ShaneRoach
Spotter

Post by ShaneRoach »

Oh.... So my belief that elephants were in the game was premised on HooCairs' apparently fake siggy.

Lulz. I have been well and truly duped!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Found this video today and watched about 7 minutes of it. I cant get excited about it at all. Cant decide if the gameplay or the narration put me off.
Check it out on the blitz beta gameplay video post .

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1192010/ ... 871883481/
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”