A new unannounced AAA hunting game is in the works

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
FullDiesel
Tracker

Re: A new unannounced AAA hunting game is in the works

Post by FullDiesel »

knott wrote:
FullDiesel wrote:
Leadfan wrote:Half-Life: Alyx is AAA and is leading the conversion to VR as a gaming medium.
I wouldn't want a hunting game where I invested in cammo, but I can only see the weapon and some gloves. Plus there's the MP problem. VR itself has a long way to go until it can call itself truly immersive.
This is a really odd statement though. If VR has a long way to go where you have 100 % correct scaling and 3D what do then 2D monitor gaming has where nothing is in proper scale and there is no 3D?
Nothing is 3D yet, as for real this would mean interacting with holograms, there's only the illusion of it. Where did you've read about that in VR everything is 100% accurate, that's a bold statement as almost nothing is.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

FullDiesel wrote:
knott wrote:
FullDiesel wrote: I wouldn't want a hunting game where I invested in cammo, but I can only see the weapon and some gloves. Plus there's the MP problem. VR itself has a long way to go until it can call itself truly immersive.
This is a really odd statement though. If VR has a long way to go where you have 100 % correct scaling and 3D what do then 2D monitor gaming has where nothing is in proper scale and there is no 3D?
Nothing is 3D yet, as for real this would mean interacting with holograms, there's only the illusion of it. Where did you've read about that in VR everything is 100% accurate, that's a bold statement as almost nothing is.
VR is 3D. You have 2 different images that converges just like your own eyes do that is why it can create 100 % correct 3D image with no distortion with correct ipd. I don´t really understand your point here. Do you have any real experience with vr glasses?

How would holograms give you the same perspective like you get in VR? Walk around hologrames and it would be correct from very angle would be a much harder achievement while completly shut out everything beside the hologram as the hologram emits light would be impossible without some kind of glasses. But you are really walking around the pacific ocean just to get some water here :)
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

knott wrote: VR is 3D. You have 2 different images that converges just like your own eyes do that is why it can create 100 % correct 3D image)
Yeah two 2D stereoscopical images. Again nothing is 100% accurate, threre's always a bit of an error.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

FullDiesel wrote:
knott wrote: VR is 3D. You have 2 different images that converges just like your own eyes do that is why it can create 100 % correct 3D image)
Yeah two 2D stereoscopical images. Again nothing is 100% accurate, threre's always a bit of an error.
No there is no error at all if your ipd is correct. That is why ipd is adjustable on many vr headsets.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”