Fishing Planet mmo

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
VonStratos
Outfitter

Fishing Planet mmo

Post by VonStratos »

The other day i wanted to try some fishing simulator, and i was happy to find that there is a simulator mmo, lots of single player but this one Fishing Planet, is mmo like The Hunterso you can play with friends in a mp, is on Steam and is free, i just installed it, and i must say is pretty interesting and fun, has lots of content, equipment , species, areas, etc, did i mention its free? actually it feel a lot like THC but in a fishing sim, you sell your fishes and so you buy new better equipment. now i dont fish in real life, so i can not judge the realism, but at least that is how is advertised, so if you want to go to make some fishing between hunt and hunt, you can try this sim.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Belorian
Hunter

Re: Fishing Planet mmo

Post by Belorian »

Yeah Played it for long time then they ruined it and made it very gamey and arcadey like some kids fishing fun game..
It is by no means a Simulator for fishing the fish pre spawn based on many things including if you have premium account more spawn.
If you catch too many less spawn.

Russian Fishing 4 Is Far Superior in almost all ways and not a game "with spawns when in a certain spot like cabelas hunting"

But RF4 is a Sim with living animals moving around and doing their own thing like "the Hunter"
Its also a Survival Game where you must eat and so on.
You can make all own baits and lures and repair rods and reels down to the bearings friction brakes.
also FREE 2 PLAY
https://rf4game.com

THE FIRST SCENE WALKING TO FISHING SPOT LOOKS LIKE "The Hunter" Even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7w2BTWugbA
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
atc86
Tracker

Re: Fishing Planet mmo

Post by atc86 »

I've been playing FP as long as I have been playing the hunter. I'm max level and have unlocked and bought every item in the game.

Premium does not affect how many fish spawn at all, it only gives you double money and xp nothing else. Apart from that I agree with the above post. Fish have areas that they will spawn and after you learn this you're basically fishing the same 2-3 spots over and over. There is no dynamics in fish spawning.

When they added multi rod stands a few years back it introduced a game breaking bug, after 30 mins or so of playing the game starts to freeze up and stutter. They say it's fixed in every patch note they release but after 3 years it's still there and pretty pathetic that they still haven't fixed this. (the main reason I no longer play) The competitions are pointless to join as it's always the same 10-15 people you'll see on the leader board.

I tried RF4 back in the day when it first released, I thought it was pretty good then but they also messed up with an update a while back that gave me more chance to catch a fish in real life than in the game lol. I'm guessing that has been fixed by now and overall I'd say that RF4 was more in line with THC. I could probably grind max level in FP in 100 hours where as RF4 you can spend thousands of hours to level up and buy gear.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”