Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
knott
Outfitter

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by knott »

Feel I need to throw this in here. It´s so grounded in history those that are afraid of playing games can suggest they are studying history. And you can hunt with classic longbows with no reticle and hunting swords!

bow shooting is harder then in the hunter titles. It´s ridiculously hard to aim there is no reticle the arrow trajectories is hard to read. There is plenty of different kind of arrows and bows and the combination of them is important!
The animal AI is simplified to the extreme they don´t run far so it´s essentially target practise. They love to make sure to stay well away from arrow distance and then stop just to make sure they keep the same distance to you. But the forests is amazing to be in.
Dog is very useful he can even take down boar! This is the first real stray to arcade land which was the first design choice I really shrugged a bit. First mission where I learn hunting they even teach you you don´t hunt boar with arrows but spears because they are tough and then they let my low level mutt just kill it. It did drain all his stamina but still.

But that aside I am completly lost in the realism of the world and your Henry. You are not the traditional superhero and you don´t have any superhuman powers. You are a a simple son to a blacksmith that have to learn and use your wits to survive. You can not single handedly beat impossible odds.
It´s quite demanding though and there is big difference in performance in the cities and countryside. There is lots of tweaks on PC to make it easier to run. On consoles it´s a bit tougher and Xbox you should just avoid it appears. Not sure about One X but it has been decades since I been so impressed by a rpg.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by L3M182 »

this is one of those games thats going to be a title i reinstall from time to time and take about 4 years to complete. its a really good game but a true time suck if ever their was one. this and red dead are games i really need to be in the mood for and really need to have a holiday booked in from work to get into it. this game had open world sandbox written all over it im suprised it never got it. the combat system is great for a melee combat game
knott
Outfitter

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by knott »

Yes it will be a while before I do RDR 2. I have run it some 15h but it did not manage to hook me like this.

I am 70h in and I am really obsessed with it.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”