Do you game on your phone?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
knott
Outfitter

Re: Do you game on your phone?

Post by knott »

chess and candy crush Certainly not my primary gaming platform
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Phone? I can barely see my big monitor. I like big desktop gaming computers that can breathe.

Besides, I have no phone.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Phone? I can barely see my big monitor. I like big desktop gaming computers that can breathe.

Good man! I just got a phone for the first time a year ago. It has no more importance to me than a crusty scrubby in the back of the cupboard under the bathroom sink. I usually forget I have one. It's like, "Crap! I should probably charge this thing!" :lol:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Phone? I can barely see my big monitor. I like big desktop gaming computers that can breathe.

Good man! I just got a phone for the first time a year ago. It has no more importance to me than a crusty scrubby in the back of the cupboard under the bathroom sink. I usually forget I have one. It's like, "Crap! I should probably charge this thing!" :lol:
I got one once to have with me when hunting. I figured if I fell and broke something the phone would be handy. Especially, for an old man hunting alone at 11,000ft in the deep Rockies. The problem was being in the deep Rockies. No phone service there.

That was the end of the phone. I have a landline at home for me to make calls. I never answer it. I don't give the number to anybody and know if I get a call it's just some clown trying to sell me something. They all must think.......This guy is never home. :D
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
I got one once to have with me when hunting. I figured if I fell and broke something the phone would be handy. Especially, for an old man hunting alone at 11,000ft in the deep Rockies. The problem was being in the deep Rockies. No phone service there.
Having a phone for that is a good idea. Personally I think hiking in the wilderness alone is generally stupid. You also had a gun if I'm not mistaken and that is good. I would recommend always having a GPS personal locator beacon. A specific device that is not going to poop out because you lost a signal. It would allow a search and rescue team to easily find you. Also good to have a compact survival kit.

When I was young and stupid I would go out in the wilderness with no preparation or safety precautions what so ever. Alone, drink whisky from a flask, in the snow....no other items listed above. But I would not go into the wilderness knowing what I know now without all the items above. If not a gun, at least everything else. :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yeah, what I did wasn't safe but I did it for 68 years and never got in trouble. I didn't always have a gun but sometimes a longbow. A lot of times I was fly fishing high mountain lakes or creeks and had no weapon at all. I never carried a handgun. A lot of times I was just scouting or hiking with my dog or maybe just camping. I would spend 250 days a year in the mountains. I did have a bowie knife with me always but never considered it for self defense but to do chores.

I never had a problem. I wasn't scared like some people. I was a modern era mountain man. Now i'm too old and broken up to do any of it. I try and find the most remote areas in Classic. It helps a little bit.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

World is sick. Apple is making more money then ms, sony, nintendo and activision blizzard combined.... But apparently it´s 6 % of the apple userbase that stands for 88 % of their income.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Waiting for Diablo Immortal :))
Everyone so mad, but in reality mobile gaming is very popular.
Blizzard made good move even with negative comments.
Maxmunger8
Spotter

Post by Maxmunger8 »

No I don't game on my phone, I have tried many games like PUBG Mobile but wasn't really interested.
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”