Here is why I not like Steam

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Here is why I not like Steam

Post by DHRifleman »

Firstly I see a parallel even if you don't between the changes made to CotW and Classic way back when.

My entire last statements were in response to your "its like a negative tea party on here" comment and nothing to do with the parallel I see between the two games.
And if Graham and Phil actually covered that, they should do it in the forum where it is happening, not a twitch feed for CotW.
Is that what they addressed? or the reasons they started everyone back a ground zero on CotW?

How long until they break something like 4K resolution before you jump back off the EW bandwagon.
I see why you are trying to defend or stick up for them since they don't, but take the rose colored glasses off bud.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

ronMctube wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Obvious reasons? If they were that obvious then maybe what ever they were to fix shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

And I was just seeing a parallel between this and the change to Whitehart a really long time ago.It piqued my interest if it was the same type of thing. The results to the players sound exactly the same though.

As for "its like a negative tea party on here "
Maybe if EW pulled their head out of the sand, and made some comment it wouldn't be.
Maybe they can put an end to it by just growing a pair and telling it like it is.

Nope not going to happen, and the party will rock on ;)
different games so no parallel in anyway. it was not the same type of thing . i dont get where you getting any of this from. totally different game and different issues made clear almost every week for nearly a month what was being done and how it was going to proceed. what comments needed to be made ? across all the social media platforms everything needed to be known about this update has been available and posted for weeks. anyone who follows call of the wild closely already knows this.

actually if you watched todays stream you wouldnt of said your last sentance. graham and phil covered exactly what you just said. maybe go watch it.

if some of the hate brigade spent as much time on seeing whats happening or watching streams you would get your answers. its all available.stop being so negative. move on.

every week there is a live stream for cotw. explaining about upcoming news , patches , content , fixes.

also i dont want to come across harshly but when you see the same old people just round and round complaining with a new arguement every couple of days its tiring. you obviously love thehunter you dedicated much of your time to the games yet its this that broke lala at any given chance. even when totally wrong. i understand you have put a lot of effort over the years. many appreciate that but that was classic and cotw isnt classic.
This time I have to answer because we are going far. Where you found weekly communication? It was one at 08/10 and yesterday explaining the patch. There no answers to members asking things.When Knott let a suspicion that you "support" Avalanche you were obsessed. Like you see I follow all your posts and I have no opposition that you "support" Avalanche but you have to say it clearly not to make like you are the hunter who likes make videos. Who of all us have access on DLC's before the release when you post videos at the same time that the DLC is coming and who have access to de developers copies of the game? You said it for the new video the flying over THC. make your job but don't blame players for their posts.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

look my post may come across harshly but...the information that apparantly isnt known is freely available through the social media channels of theHunter. you choose to follow them or you dont. that is of your choosing. i am nothing to do with the company i just make videos on thehunter games. thats it. when something is wrong i say its wrong and if its right i say its right. we all have our own opinions. nothing wrong with that. we will all probably differ on many subjects. that natural, realistic and part of human nature. the thing is some of the nonsence people speak on here is a joke. if you going to speak or post nonsense dont be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

all the social media channels for weeks have spoke about yesterdays patch.facebook , twitter , twitch , reddit , steam. so how in the hell are they not communicating about it ? have they got to send you a personal written letter ?

make the effort if you interested in call of the wild which tbh some here arent they just want to moan or it isnt classic. as said its the same people every day in out. wait for the next post to pop up after you lot got bored of posting in here negative nonsense. it will be either by you vsaet , dfrifleman or someone similar who just cant enjoy the game or games without picking holes in it. or upset that classic is at the end of its life.

you even made a post about how you hate steam based on you having poor internet. it makes no sense.

if you have a valid arguement sure..its fine to vent but over and over day after day. come on. its sad reading it. it turns people away from here. just enjoy the game.

social media channels so you can follow to get the information you want to know about cotw.

https://www.facebook.com/thehuntercotw/
https://twitter.com/theHunterCOTW
https://www.reddit.com/r/theHunter/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/0/
https://www.twitch.tv/expansiveworlds
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

ronMctube wrote:look my post may come across harshly but...the information that apparantly isnt known is freely available through the social media channels of theHunter. you choose to follow them or you dont. that is of your choosing. i am nothing to do with the company i just make videos on thehunter games. thats it. when something is wrong i say its wrong and if its right i say its right. we all have our own opinions. nothing wrong with that. we will all probably differ on many subjects. that natural, realistic and part of human nature. the thing is some of the nonsence people speak on here is a joke. if you going to speak or post nonsense dont be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

all the social media channels for weeks have spoke about yesterdays patch.facebook , twitter , twitch , reddit , steam. so how in the hell are they not communicating about it ? have they got to send you a personal written letter ?

make the effort if you interested in call of the wild which tbh some here arent they just want to moan or it isnt classic. as said its the same people every day in out. wait for the next post to pop up after you lot got bored of posting in here negative nonsense. it will be either by you vsaet , dfrifleman or someone similar who just cant enjoy the game or games without picking holes in it. or upset that classic is at the end of its life.

you even made a post about how you hate steam based on you having poor internet. it makes no sense.

if you have a valid arguement sure..its fine to vent but over and over day after day. come on. its sad reading it. it turns people away from here. just enjoy the game.

social media channels so you can follow to get the information you want to know about cotw.

https://www.facebook.com/thehuntercotw/
https://twitter.com/theHunterCOTW
https://www.reddit.com/r/theHunter/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/0/
https://www.twitch.tv/expansiveworlds
You see,you are wrong.I make a post calling the poor connection (it's not so poor) to say that Steam have the control of a game that I paid. I know you will say that when I purchased there was some condition that I have not read. But the fact is that I don't like Steam for that not for my connection. You call the name of DHRifleman who in my opinion is someone knowing the hunting game community and say the truth there were you don't. By the way I never saw that you wrote something against Avalanche,maybe my age don't let me see clear :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

your opinion as stated you blamed steam before yet its your poor connection that is the issue.not steam. how is that wrong? you know both classic and cotw require downloads as they are ever updating. so its part of the game which you already know about yet its steam issue ?

you and dfrifleman who has contributed alot to classic do moan posts all the time. now tell me thats wrong and i will go link them here. the only reason im wasting my time posting is to try and get the negativity off the community forums from said people. it doesnt help anything infact its like a disease. you would think for people who love classic so much and this is the official forums that you would show positivity. yet times can be trying. atleast give it a chance instead of this is broke or this that every post.

i dont need to air my past to clarify your post. im just posting about how you post negatively all the time. so hopefully people spot this and ignore your posts and maybe if you have a change of heart you might stop it and we get a brighter place on here. doom and gloom isnt needed all the time. the forums are probably about as same as classic and all people want to do is ****** about everything. play some classic or cotw and just enjoy it.

i know all about the community from both sides i look at both games and just play them. not posting how this and that is broke every day when 1000s are playing.

i know that within the next week one of you two will do another negative post. guarenteed ! watch this space. i wont reply again to this. so dont waste your time. just please think of the disease you spread on the forums every time your negative. it doesnt help.
rbent23
Scout

Post by rbent23 »

Damn you guys are still at it? :o
This topic has went on 5 pages further than I thought it would.
It started with a vent about steam updates and turned into..uh..uh...whatever this is!
Relax,take deeps breathes and count to 10! :lol: :lol:
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

ronMctube wrote:your opinion as stated you blamed steam before yet its your poor connection that is the issue.not steam. how is that wrong? you know both classic and cotw require downloads as they are ever updating. so its part of the game which you already know about yet its steam issue ?

you and dfrifleman who has contributed alot to classic do moan posts all the time. now tell me thats wrong and i will go link them here. the only reason im wasting my time posting is to try and get the negativity off the community forums from said people. it doesnt help anything infact its like a disease. you would think for people who love classic so much and this is the official forums that you would show positivity. yet times can be trying. atleast give it a chance instead of this is broke or this that every post.

i dont need to air my past to clarify your post. im just posting about how you post negatively all the time. so hopefully people spot this and ignore your posts and maybe if you have a change of heart you might stop it and we get a brighter place on here. doom and gloom isnt needed all the time. the forums are probably about as same as classic and all people want to do is ****** about everything. play some classic or cotw and just enjoy it.

i know all about the community from both sides i look at both games and just play them. not posting how this and that is broke every day when 1000s are playing.

i know that within the next week one of you two will do another negative post. guarenteed ! watch this space. i wont reply again to this. so dont waste your time. just please think of the disease you spread on the forums every time your negative. it doesnt help.
You drive one time more the discussion the wrong way. It's 2 different things updating and playing. When THC was browser running you has ,because THC is an ONLINE game and have to store information on the server,the need of a connection in addition of registering and login. Now on Steam you have to login twice ,because, you need to login first to Steam and then to the game.COTW is a stand alone game but you have to login on Steam if you want to play. Steam is always the pass to go playing. No Steam no game. I play Microsoft Flight Simulator from the beginning,the time it was DOS program about 30 years. That it was a real stand alone game. Steam purchased the rights and make it "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam version" but I can play it without registering to Steam. No the Steam one the original. There is the difference of a Great game and a good company. You pay you play. No publicity,no ads. certainly I can bypass the introduction screen by running the game directly from the executable of COTW by in all cases I have to registering to Steam. That's all ,it will be my last post. You was and you will be always to the Steam side. I can understand that I said why in a precedent post. have a nice day ;)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

You don't have to wait a week Ron.
Ron Quote "just please think of the disease you spread on the forums every time your negative. it doesnt help."
Who doesn't it help Ron?

If EW doesn't care, why should I care how the dozen people that visit the forum see what is posted.
Honestly the potential players should know what they are getting into.

I have a great connection and I don't like the fact that a game that I had that didn't need Steam to play now does.
I don't like the fact that Steam that does nothing for me is required to be logged onto the play.
I don't like the fact that Classic was changed to the things in CotW that I don't particularly like.
I don't like that EW took a dump on the players of classic and just walked away.
I never liked that they didn't always communicate on the official forum, but use BS social media channels instead.

As for these posts not helping, who should I care to help?
EW, the ones that don't care themselves about the players.

Just think, EW new exactly what they were going to do back when they said there are big things coming in 2019.
They pumped out a bunch of reskins, added some comps and missions for the animals, dropped the longer term subscriptions to only have 3 month ones, and said they would be buyable with em$.

All with the plan to scrap it all after they sold all the reskins they thought they could, and flip the game to full F2P.

The last thing they said a week after the change (over 3 months ago) is we are monitoring the forum so keep the feedback coming.

Well I am just doing as they asked, and giving my feedback as I see it.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

no problems!!! steam the best and safe place to play games!!! Nr1 game platform!!
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

I play everything these days on steam IMO steam is very good

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”